Still waiting for iphone activation...!!?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hellodon, Jun 30, 2007.

1. hellodon

hellodon

seriously, it's been like 7 hours at this point. anyone else running into this problem? A friend of mine had his activated in 10 minutes, i did mine at the same time as him. What the fuck is taking so long?

2. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

Yeah I'm still waiting for activation. ATT dropped the ball on preparing their servers is what happened.

3. hellodon

hellodon

How long have you been waiting?

What sucks for me is, I activated a family plan, with 2 phones. It only prompted me for 1 phone and its still dealing with all that shit, I dont even know when or if it's going to setup this second one...and if/when it does, is that one going to take just as long?

They have seriously NO answers at the customer service line.

I've talked to a few people tonight including one totally clueless loser that had such poor English that they didnt even understand what was going on and were basically like a robot going "iiiiiiiiiveeeeyysooar for inconvenieaa"...I dont think he even knew where he worked....he just knew that sentence.

This has been such an annoying process...I am seriously almost ready to throw both of these phones on ebay.

4. itwasntme

itwasntme New Member

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  5. itwasntme

itwasntme New Member

PS- make SURE you give Itunes the correct account number or......... this will happen. Half of todays delays have been user error.

6. hellodon

hellodon

I actually didnt see that post until now. I saw others similar but didnt see the 17 page one. Thanks. I see most people that waited a while were activated between 6-7 hours. I am the first that I've seen that is over 7 hours at this point..and my T-Mobile line still works. I don't think that's a good sign....

7. hellodon

hellodon

Is there any way to go back and double check that?

8. itwasntme

itwasntme New Member

Likely not. I have no info.

9. itwasntme

itwasntme New Member

perhaps?

10. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

You sure you have them the correct T-mobile account number and Account Information when you did the Number Port? If you have them wrong information OR if they put the information in wrong a port would have never gone through.

Call the Porting Activation Center at (866) 895-1097 and verify with them the information to make sure that your port request was done correctly.

They will say "iiiiiiiiiveeeeyysooar for inconvenieaa" but they will also look into your request to see if there is an error, if not, then you just have to wait it out.

11. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

:hsugh: :rofl: its Cingular/AT&T. Some of us have been saying this would happen for months now.

Enjoy the fantastic service (obviously lack thereof) at AT&T :wavey:

12. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

ill be the first to admit, Cingular/AT&T's customer service SUCKS!!!

T-mobiles is the best in the business, then AT&T, then verizion then sprint nextel.

13. fl0rine2

fl0rine2 New Member

I just got the email saying I would get another one once activation was complete. Any updates from you guys on your end?