WEB Still trying to figure this site out

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bawlinmo, Jul 31, 2008.

1. bawlinmo

bawlinmo Neighborhood Graphic Designer

I need advice on how to start a 'learning competition' website. Basically I want users to be able to register and have profiles, read an article or watch a video etc, take a test (or play game) and keep high scores charted for all users to see. I want users to be able to chart their progress, and maybe even print out a personalized certificate when they complete each 'test' or 'game.' I want them to be able to interact with each other also, if possible, via chat (or whatever is best these days).

Are there any CMSs or clones of sites (similar to mypace, digg, and hotornot clones) that could help me achieve this, or do I need to spend a million bucks on a designer/coder company? Again any ideas or help that you could provide would be awesome. Thanks guys.

If you know of another forum where I might be able to get some help, that would be great. Any help would be great really. Thanks.

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

3. bawlinmo

bawlinmo Neighborhood Graphic Designer

not quite.

oh i see.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  4. Comtrad

Comtrad Guest

sounds like you should be more scarce on your details or you will find your idea elsewhere.

5. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

If you've got the time, my advice would be to learn drupal or joomla. I prefer Drupal myself.