SRS Still thinking about her

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Riconosuave, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

Dated this girl for a couple months last summer. I was jealous and stupid and pushed her away. It really hurt when she never returned my phone calls after that. It hurt a lot, and I was in a bad place for a while. She tried to get me to go over to her place at the beginning of the year, but I told her I didn't want to get involved again. I'm happy again now, and life is going pretty good for me. I'm a stronger, more mature, and more confident person now. I've been hanging out with other women, but I still keep thinking about her. I truely cared about her. Tried to call her a couple months back, but she never returned my call. She probably wants nothing to do with me. I hope she is happy. I still get the urge every now and then to call her. I know it's stupid. Not even sure why I'm posting. It would probably be the best for both of us if I just forgot about her, yet I still wonder what if ...

2. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

only way u can have these feelings is if u have some hope or sense of possibility that u might get back with her

what if she were dead? then you might be sad but u wouldn't have this amorous bullcrap to deal with.

call her up and ask her to tell you directly flat out that there's no way you guys could get together again. i just asked my recent ex-gf to do that not 2 hours ago.

3. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

Prior to your call, how long had it been since you broke up? How long had it been since you two last talked? Although, I, most likely, won't ever call her again, I think having a bit of hope there is a good thing. Makes me want to keep bettering myself, both mentally and physically. Just in case she did ever decide to call me in the future, but if not, I'll be that much better in my next relationship.

4. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

Don't listen to my advice if you want to talk to this girl in the future.

Listen to my advice if you want to get over her and move on...

Odds are, you didn't as much like her as much as you liked the idea of being with her. There is a complete difference here... one involves your admiration for another human being, the other involves your ego and what you want to happen.

Most of the time, your ego forces you to believe that the latter situation is in fact the former situation. Think about that for a minute and figure out what this girl really means to you.

5. dano

dano OT Supporter

It's alright to have "what-if" thoughts about any girl. It's just reflection on your decisions in life, and if anything, it makes you better prepared for something when it happens again. For months after I broke up with my girlfriend last year, I thought about how much of a mistake it was. Or was it? What if I hadn't, would we still be together? Who knows, but more importantly, WHO CARES. It's in the past and you have to move on.

She is someone you obviously cared about, and as with most girls you date for a long time, they may know more about you than your own family. So if from time to time you feel the urge to call her up and see how life is treating her, it's normal. She was once a big part of your life and you know it, this is not something that makes you less of a person. It shows you have some compassion for others, even if the events between you and that person didn't turn out the way you wanted it.

6. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

You know what ... it's probably best that I just keep moving on. The only thing I can do now is to hope and wish her happiness in my mind. There's no point in bringing up past thoughts and experiences. She had problems she had to deal with, and no doubt, I contributed to them. No point in me dragging her down or myself down again. I can accept the fact that I wasn't the type of man she wanted. That's just how life is sometimes. I'm not going to call her ever again. I don't want to go through what JJJ went through with his call. Thanks, guys.