SRS Still can't move on from a girl I never had

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ballerman230, Sep 29, 2006.

1. ballerman230

ballerman230 just a pale blue dot

I've been best friends with this girl since my sophomore year of high school (I'm a freshman now). I started liking her during my junior year, and fell really hard for her, but of course she wouldn't have anything to do with me like that. I thought I might have finally gotten over her after about a year and a half, but it was always in the back of my mind, and tonight I finally realized that I'm pretty hopeless. I feel so embarrassed to feel the kind of pain that I do over a girl that never even liked me back, but the relationship we had was very close and of course my feelings for her made that closeness all the more special to me. It's hard for me to shut her out of my life simply because she's basically the only one of my friends that I'm more than just another warm body to, but I feel like this is a disease that is crippling me and tainting the choices I make and the way I act. I thought it'd get better now that we've gone our separate ways. She's at Northwestern, and I'm going to a community college. The problem is that it's so damn hard to make friends here and I feel totally out of place. I come from a very nerdy/preppy kind of school and all the kids here either just came from China, have down syndrome, or are the thuggish type.
    I know there's no advice that can really help me fix this and that I just have to be a man and cope and move on, but I just wanted to get this out.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

When you drive your car into a dead end street, you have to realise you can't go on that way, same counts for this relationship you have with that girl of yours. You see love has to go both ways, it takes 2 to form a relationship, and if the other party doesn't want to be with you its much more then just sad, but you see you have to respect her free will and understand that its her choice to be with who she wants to be. Only thing you can do is turn your car around and head back to the mainway. There's more fish in the sea.

3. Zakalwe

Zakalwe New Member

Get out. Do things. Meet other people.

You can either sit around moping about what could have been, or move on.

In a year or two you'll realise that she isn't as great as you think right now anyway. When that happens, don't let yourself be in a position where you look back and realise that you've lost even more time berating yourself for not being the right person for her.