SRS Sticky situation

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Socrates, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Alright I need some brainstorming on this one! I can't come to a decision in this situation.

My friend Kennon got in a relationship with a girl, Christina. He was with her for 2 weeks then she got in a bad car accident and her arm was almost cut off and it was bad. She was in the hospital for a month, and he visited her a few times. She lives 45 minutes away, and they only saw each other on the weekends.

The whole time they were together, he was cheating on her. With multiple girls. I know this, because I was in one of the threesomes, and then again with me and him in a hotel room with a couple girls, switching partners. It's not like I just suspect him or anything.

I let him mess with my ex's, and he lets me mess with his.

He broke up with her, and then left for Camp Pendleton a few days later. He'll be there for 9 months. The worst part is he said he was going to break up with her right after they got together, BEFORE her accident, but said he couldn't break up with her after her accident because it would seem like he is just doing it because of the scar on her arm.

I asked him if I could hang out wtih her, and he said yes. He said "You'll probably start liking her though, because she is really cool."

And it has pretty much happend. She is the coolest girl i've ever met. I've had sex with her, and now we are in a relationship. Kennon sent me a text message out of nowhere saying "Don't fuck her man! I love her! She is the only one for me! Don't tell her about me cheating!"

I haven't told her about his cheating. But, I did tell him that I don't like lying to her about it, because it makes me an asshole too. I told him he should just come clean and tell her. He won't do it.

He took back what he said after I already did it. But now he doesn't want me to anymore. He doesn't know that we've had sex, and he doesn't know she is my girlfriend.

I think lying is for chickenshits, so i'm not going to lie to him. I am trying to think of the best way to let him know.

Should I even feel bad since he cheated and didn't even want to be with her? I don't lie to girls, and I really don't like lying for him either.

I can't come to a decision guys, so help me out!

I stick to bro's before hoe's, but it's exactly that. Bro's before hoe's. This girl isn't a hoe.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Personally...I'd break things off with the girl for now, inform her of his cheating, then allow her time to figure out what she wants to do, then if she is still interested, get back with her. Right now, there's so much crap going on, you're going to drown in it.

EDIT: Misread and misunderstood part. Disregard my 2nd paragraph if you saw it.

3. ixero

ixero New Member

He cheated on her and now he wants her back?

What forum have I stumbled onto?

4. Untow Bo

Untow Bo New Member

2 weeks is not a relationship, esp since he was screwing other women on a regular basis. He has no claims to her. He was going to dump her prior to the accident so he gave up a long time ago. The fact the he gave you the green light to date her is additional proof. There is no relationship between your buddy and this girl. End of story.

However, there is a relationship between you and him..... and you and her. This little triangle has nothing to do with her and everything to do with you and him. The text message to you is him trying to mess with you and control you while he's across the country. It's cockblocking via the internet. Do you really think he cares about her now, while he's 1700 miles away?

My advice at this point is to stop playing Mr Honesty Go-Between Guy. You don't owe anyone anything. If she asks if he cheated on her, you could say something like, "well, I knew he was involved with several women before he left, but I don't know all the details". If she presses, encourage her to talk directly to him.

If he continues with the "I love her, she's the only one for me" bullshit, you'll prolly have to come clean about your relationship with her. There is nothing he can do about it now. Maybe it'll end your friendship, maybe it won't. Di he go to Pendleton for boot camp? If so, who knows when he'll ever be back to Springfield. He sure as shit won't come back for her unless its to hook up.

Bottom Line - Don't worry about it so much. It is what it is. You dig her and she prolly digs you. Your buddy sounds like he can take of himself. Go on and enjoy your time with her and don't sweat the bullshit.

5. Socrates

Socrates New Member

He is stationed out there. He came home for a few months after MOS school (complicated situation), but he does come back to Springfield in 9 months.

Great input so far! I am pretty close to deciding what to do.

6. teo

teo . => ? => !

He sounds like the type that will get over her quickly. Just point him at the nearest girl other than the one you're dating.