GUN STI GP6

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by wickedgun, Sep 25, 2008.

1. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

I just got word from our sales guy at STI that the GP6 should be shipping out and dealers/distributors that ordered should have em next week. Is anyone planning on picking one up?? or even had the pleasure of shooting one??

Not much my cup of tea on the cosmetic side, im definitely going to give mine to Dale Hunnicutt to chop up but other then that, i've never felt a da/sa with a better reset then that one. rotating bbl, thumb safety and adjustable rear sights, what more can you ask for other then a "free" price tag.

http://stiguns.com/guns/GP6/GP6.html

2. wholefnshow

wholefnshow New Member

When I first looked @ it, it reminded me of a Walther.

3. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

It's an ugly gun, but I have some faith in STI.

I heard they were bringing it to battle in USPSA production class, so I guess we'll see how that works out. STI knows race guns pretty well, so I hope it won't suck.

4. AB13

AB13 New Member

It's definitely on my radar. I've still not brought out my SVI open gun that I've been tweaking for the end of this year, and I'm certainly not close to reaching my goals in SSD or L10 with my 1911's.

But when the USPSA body finally grants the GP6 on the production division list, I'll have to decide real hard between that or a SP01 Shadow from Angus to begin tweaking for Production class for the end of 09'.

It's an ugly gun, but so is the SP01 and Glock. Then again aesthetics is not very high on my priority.

5. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

ab13, i think you'll be very very happy and suprised with its performance. theres basically no travel in the reset, as soon as you release pressure from the trigger you catch the link. its very impressive but the grip makes it difficult to be close to the bore axis. im definitely going to reshape the grip on mine but i dont think i will have anything else done other then a FO red front maybe.

off topic but lastnight i finally beat my old 1 shot from the draw number. 1.18 out of a comptac fbi paddle. el presidente splits avg .21-.23 but still slow on the mag change due to sucky glock plastic mags.

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

reshaping the grip takes out out of production class

7. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

i shoot cause its fun! the hell with rules!

8. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I have the feeling STI is not making this gun. They are rebranding it. I'll have to ask around.

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

10. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

sweet slovakia killed a lot of people during the war, im sure they know how to design a fine firearm.

11. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

wickedgun do you already have you gp6 or are you on a wait list?

12. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

our order is coming in next week. STI did a demo at one of our events and i got to shoot the gp6 then, along with a few others from STI.