GUN STI Ends sales in Ca.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Nov 14, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cessation of California Firearm Sales

As a company, STI adhered to California’s drop test certification and DOJ listing process in 1998 for the people in competition shooting and for those who desired self protection DESPITE the financial strain placed on a small company such as ours. Listing our two most popular firearm models was not an inexpensive undertaking. We even redesigned our compensator systems to adhere to the CA “no threaded barrel” law. Then CA’s onerous liability laws were enacted and we chose at that time not to renew certification nor to sell to LEO and governmental agencies in CA, regardless of their exempt status, because there was no exemption from liability or legal fees which could bankrupt this company. When federal law overrode CA’s liability laws, we resumed LE sales because we felt our product could be used to LE’s advantage. With the micro stamping bill, we as a company have decided enough is enough. While our sales to Law Enforcement agencies are not huge, all revenue sources are important to a company of our size and it hurts us to turn our backs on those revenues.

While we truly feel badly for the law abiding citizens of California, we feel it is necessary to take a stand against irresponsible legislation designed solely to inhibit the American citizen’s right to keep arms. We are fierce proponents of the Second Amendment, and it is our hope that other manufacturers will follow our lead. It is time for the gun industry as a whole to take a stand against the insanity of the anti-gunners. We simply believe that some things are more important than profit.

In all honesty, when we made this decision we had no idea of the responses, both positive and negative, it would evoke. We just did what we thought was right and, because of our size, didn’t really expect much notice. Since we announced this new policy however, we have been deluged by customers contacting us to show their support and by others who consider it to be a “stunt” of some type. We greatly appreciate all of the supporting comments and would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to express, even contrary, opinions. We do understand that this action on our part will have little effect on California’s criminal or political element.

To our loyal supporters in California, we sincerely regret the measures we feel we must take and will continue to honor all warrantee obligations. We hope for a speedy resolution of this ill conceived violation of the Second Amendment.

http://www.stiguns.com/CA-PressRelease.pdf

Now if all the other manafactuers would just do the same.

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i dont think STI was even on the DOJ approved list :mamoru:

can someone confirm/deny?

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i can totally agree about the financial strain. i think the renewal fee is $1,500 :ugh: thats the whole point of the list anyways - to make money

4. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

excellent. i hope all companies start doing that.

5. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

That is what they are hoping for, it gets rid of the guns without the political (and legal) problem of banning them out right.

6. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

maybe it will force kali to rethink their bullshit laws, when no one will even supply their government.

7. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

It only gets worse before it gets worse. :sad2:

8. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Their government would have to buy STI guns first and I doubt they do. Publicly owned companies like S&W and ruger would have an obligation to their share holders to sell to LE in CA, plus companies like glock have already shown they don't care too, see MA for example.

Its nice thinking but ultimately all this does is cut off any potential customers fo their guns before the deadline.

9. KNYTE

KNYTE I'm Not Kidding.

Barrett and STI kick ass.

10. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

i dont keep up with ruger, i cant stand anything they make. plus, im not into guns that much for the moment.

11. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I'm hungry and oiled a stock earlier today.

12. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

I don't think it's that Glock doesn't care about their sales in MA, but that MA banned the sale of them. Much like the CA bans with the Roberti-Roos list :dunno:

13. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Right, what I'm saying is that glock will happily sell to MA leo's even if they're not legally allowed to sell to the rest of the population. The same situation will take place in california. Big whoop, some tiny 1911 custom shop won't sell to anyone in CA. Glock will not try to impact like barrett did. This manufacturers boycott idea for a state and handguns just won't work.

14. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

Oh, yeah I get what you mean. The thing is, I don't think STI's were ever on the DOJ approved list :dunno: (still waiting for someone to chime in with proof for this)

15. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

I interviewed with STI...

Jackass said he'd get back with me. :mad:

16. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

Fuck STI and all the fuckasses that work for them. Do they really think that not selling while they can to CA non-LEO is going to do anything? Good job alienating THE SINGLE LARGEST FIREARMS MARKET IN THE FUCKING WORLD YOU DOUCHE BAGS.

Not selling to LEO I could understand, but why fuck us over with no sales period? It isn't like the people that buy STIs are voting for this shit.

Guess if I ever want a REALLY high end pistol, I'll buy Bar-Sto or something.

17. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:werd:

or a Les Bear :dunno:

18. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

just left a *slightly* more civil post on their guestbook. Fuck those assholes forever. Good job not reading the law and good job not seeing that this doesn't mean shit a) untill 2023, and b) for the guns that they already have on the list.

fuckers. :madfawk:

19. OrionDartanyu

OrionDartanyu I don't think I'm as revolutionary as Galileo, but

I'm kinda new to the gun scene, so in lay man's terms can someone give cliffs on what California is doing over there to create such a situation?

20. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They want all gun manafactuers to microstamp ammo. Basically everytime the gun fires they want it to imprint a unique serial number on the casing.

Cause you know most criminals use legally bought and registered guns. :hsugh:

21. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I live in CA, and even I don't know what the FUCK THOSE FUCKING LIBERAL COCK BITING SHIT GOBBLERS ARE DOING TO MY MOTHER FUCKING SECOND AMENDMENT.

22. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

they're shitting on it.

23. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

not gonna be yours for long :coolugh:

24. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

if one state falls, we all fall

25. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

[​IMG]