GUN steyr m40...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by turbodude, Mar 1, 2005.

1. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

anyone have any impressions, was thinking of gettign teh glock 23, but this steyr caught my eye. i like teh feel of it and the weight. however i don't have a chance to fire it before i purchase, any thoughts on this particular firearm??

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

I dont know if I would buy a gun I couldnt try out before I bought

3. oakie

oakie my ninja.

rent one at a range.

plastic guns have such wildly varying grip angles that i too would never buy one without shooting it first.

4. JonDaAzn

JonDaAzn New Member

styer is supposed to be very nice, it sits lower in the hand than a glock, I heard there are a lot of tiny parts when you do a full takedown though

5. turbodude

how did you like the m9? i assumed you liked the s9 since you are planning on getting one. yeah supposedly it has 54 parts to the glocks 42 or something like that

6. Fook Yoo

Fook Yoo OT Supporter

there was a rumor like couple years ago saying that if you drop an m9 or m40 when chamber it might go off.

7. turbodude

never heard that rumor. considering the m40 has the same trigger safety as that of a glock. and a couple more safety features. only bad things i have heard about them was back in 2000. when teh m40 was first introduced they had battery problems, which would cause misfires. But supposedly that has changed since 2001. on glocktalk.com alot of folks rave about this firearm, how clean it fires, how the recoil is minimal, and accuracy is par of a sig or hk. and with the price (299) these days since the 2004 model was discontinued, and the new 2005 was introduced, can't beat it. i just wish i had one to fire