Steroid testing bill for HS students in California

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by D-GUy, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

I saw them mention this on sportscenter yesterday about how arnold vetoed this bill. Anyone have any info on it or have links to some info on it? I googled it but I couldn't really get any specifics on it. All I know is it was calling for a ban on steroids(duh), testing(not sure how they're going to pay for all of that), and banning use of "other performance supplements". I'm mainly curious about what the other supplements consist of?

2. armond

armond New Member

I only caught one part of that show last night, kinda upset I missed it.

3. The Boy Bastard

The Boy Bastard Bewbie's??

I don't see how they could even get it that far with the testing part. Considering all the minors that would have to be subject to it. If something like this were to pass, imagine the the calls for future bans on stuff like creatine and the like.

4. davidI

davidI New Member

If that happened the levels of government control in the U.S. would be getting scary. I hate it when the government puts restrictions on things to prevent idiots from hurting themselves. Unfortunately in Canada, I have to pay for the health care through my taxes when people inject shit in their bodies that they know nothing about!

5. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

Just another case of the government doing the parents job for them. I think it would be a waste of a ton of money to be testing people and an invasion of privacy. I think what you do outside of school or work is your own business, its your life and nobody should be able to control it.

6. Section 8

Section 8 New Member

:werd:

7. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

Arnold will not allow it.

8. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

9. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

really I am almost (although not versed on this bill) sure the bill has a hundred riders which were not reasonable or it was a rider to a bigger bill that was not passable.

10. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

I did find a few articles that said the testing would cost up to $125 a person. The senator or whatever behind it said that the people being tested would not have to come up with the money. At 125 a pop for every student athlete, that is alot of fucking money.

11. Sh0kka

Sh0kka New Member

was it the SC interview? i jsut caught a piece it was like "knowing what you know about roids now would you have done them before" arnold say absolutely, or yes

12. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

It was like part 4/5 of their report on steroids in sports or whatever. It focused on the HS level of it. Of course mentioning that idiot middle schooler who was using roids. I love how people take one isolated incident and run with it.

13. giblit

giblit OT Supporter

its not going to pass, first theyd have to raise taxes and that would ruin his chance for re election, and i believe that arnold is pro steriod, he will veto it.

14. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

Having just graduated from HS last year, in a way I wish this bill would pass. The amount of HS kids using steroids has become out of control. I was a high school football player and having not used steroids I really struggled to play at the level of some of the other teams. Some players on my team as well used them and there were HUGE gains and an unfair improvement.

Simply, I don't know how they would pay for it etc. but there are certain players you know are on Steroids and its really an unfair advantage in High School sports. It takes away from those players which love the game and don't want to take illegal drugs to win. Just my $.02

15. jonno

jonno New Member

not saying your lying or anything... but high school kids are quick to jump to exuses of why they arnt as big as other kids. hard work and big eating will bring you big thangs. i only know of 1 or 2 kids at my school who use

16. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

nah, it was one of my friends who sold the steroids to the people and I saw many of the kids on the football team use them. I was actually our biggest Defensive Back, not the best, but the biggest. It has gotten pretty bad in certain areas especially in competitive areas such as southern california where everyone wants to make the next big break playing against Mark Sanchez at mission or whatever hoping that a scout will spot them. I don't know how it is elsewhere in the US or even in northern california but southern california has become sort of a trouble spot in some areas.

17. jonno

jonno New Member

funny you say that because 1 of those 2 kids who said he's used just moved here from southern cali

18. gsteclipse97

gsteclipse97 New Member

fuck that is the parents job to take care of their kids not tthe taxpayer. i argree that no high schooler should be on them but im not gonna pay tp test them

19. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

You struggled because you chose not to go through what they went through to get where they were. If you want to be the best you have to do whatever it takes to get there. Arnold spoke of this numerous times. How is it an unfair improvement? If you knew the guy you had access to them. Life isn't fair and you once again have to do whatever it takes to succeed. Do you not think these players love it enough that they are going to induce even more stress on their bodies with aas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.