Stereo Faceplate got stolen...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Skeletor, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

yeah I know, the point is to take them out at night... but I am now paying the price and learned that lesson the hard way. Hopefully that price won't be too high however, which is why I'm asking.

Do they typically make more faceplates than stereos for these things, knowing that they'll get stolen from time to time, or will I more or less have to buy an entirely new stereo to get it? I'm praying that they make a lot of extra plates so that people can customize their stereo by color etc without having to change the whole system... and that they aren't too expensive. I hope I get so lucky! haha

Thanks for any help you can give.

Model is JVC KD-G200, if it makes a difference.

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

4. ha\/0k

ha\/0k Resident Enginerd

That sucks. Did they break in? Any attempts to get the stereo too?

5. johnson

johnson New Member

try ebay too

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

no, I'm pretty sure it was dumb kids with a slim jim, cause my car was locked for sure. They were probably just car shopping for whatever and grabbed the face plate in a hurry for the hell of it. Pisses me off cause if a crackhead broke in and stole the entire stereo at least I'd know that he'd get some crack out of it... kids just took it for the fuck of it and probably won't even bother selling it or anything. Assholes.

7. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

:bigthumb:

8. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

my wife left the windows in her car slightly cracked ... someone unlocked the car and managed to steal the faceplate. Clarion Pro Audio unit ... called Clarion and they wanted $145 for just the faceplate. It was only a $200 head unit :coolugh:

I found a faceplate on ebay for $40. Apparently the guy had pulled the faceplate off and someone stole his head unit ... at least that was his story. :squint: