step it up a notch, or keep the very casual clothing style.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Mar 2, 2006.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

Im going out with a nice girl from my college on this weekened. Im typically wear very casual clothing such as running shoes, ie nikes or what not, jeans and maybe a button up or tshirt. Now on the date I was thinking about stepping it up a notch with some kind of nicer jean,button up and maybe a totally different shoe, and if im not going overboard a blazer. I just want your guys opinion on this? The girl typically sees how I dress,but we have just met recently. Should i just wear what i usually do or should i get a little more dressier just for dating in general. I couldnt see myself where this type of attire I described above everyday,but does it seem foolish just to look this nice when going on dates or important events?

also if you guys think i should step it up a notch, can u suggest a outfit.

2. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Dress to impress, ALWAYS.

If you see a bum walking down the street, you don't think "I bet he dresses nice on the weekends. Just not today." --- If you see a man dressed very nice, you think "He is a nice dresser!"

Girls always tell me I dress really nice, here is what i'm wearing now.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Shitty old webcam, but you get the idea. Expensive coat, nice cologne, and I match. My eyes are blue, so I keep a blue theme.

Girls spend hours trying on clothes to make sure they match and look good. When the average guy chooses underwear for a date, he chooses the pair with no holes in them.

Girls notice this shit. They pay attention to every detail. Notice how you get shivers when you smell a NICE smelling sexy girl? It's twice as bad for a girl.

I never go out looking like ass, unless it's a special reason or i'm at work (I work with all guys, and one fat chick).

For the record, I should be wearing an undershirt with a blue collar. For those of you guys who think "Paying that close to attention is gay." --- Remember that when you're beating off. You shouldn't be all metrosexual pussyboy, but dress nice.

As for me, i've got a date here in a few minutes.

3. quamen

quamen New Member

thanks for the reply,but the problem is im not always dressing like that i just cant. Im a laborer and a contractor, so you can see how I usually would dress for this type of work. When im at school i dont want to be to stiff and dressed up, it is just college and almost relaxing to me since im so busy with everything else.

I mean my main question is, can this be just a date type style or special occasion style. I wont and cant see myself dressing like this everyday.

by the way that looks pretty damn sharp

4. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Thanks.

No, you can't just dress up like that on occaision, unless you plan on dressing like that all the time around the girl.

If she knows that isn't how you dress normally, she will know you are trying to impress her. She will know you are changing your habits because of her. This will give her the "i'm better than him since he is changing stuff for me" mindset, and you'll be dropped, or worse, friendzoned.

Clothes go a VERY LONG way, and can easily more than double your chances of getting laid.

Invest in some nice clothes. Think of the money you waste on fast food or whatever other bullshit you spend it on, like most people do. What is worth more? That whopper or DVD, or that new t-shirt that will multiply your chances of getting laid.

Perception is reality. Perception is reality. Perception...is...reality. We are what we repeatedly do.

You say "I just can't." --- That is fine. Keep doing what you have been doing, and you will keep getting what you have been getting.

If you change, every new person you meet will not even pay attention and will just perceive you as always being like that. Your friends will say "Why are you so dressed up lately?" and all you do is say "Hah, I just like it is all." They'll quickly drop it.

Spend a little money, and buy some clothes.

5. SkyAce2004

SkyAce2004 New Member

I dont know how to shop for clothes??? nor where to shop. thats my problem.

6. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Me, personally, I made it a point to *only* buy nice clothes, so even when I am casual I look good. I have pretty much only button-down dress shirts, although I do have some long sleeve t-shirts (white, black, and blue mostly). I do wear jeans, and they are all nice - no holes. My shoes are generally my nice boots for cold weather, dress shoes for nice weather, Doc Martins for casual wear, and tennis shoes for being a bum (which I would never wear on a date.) I also have a few pairs of Khakis. I do have a few suits and when I go out I will wear the jacket with jeans and a button down shirt and it usually looks pretty good.

So what am I wearing today?

[​IMG]
    Click for larger

[​IMG]
    Click for larger

Notice that I am weaing a black T under my shirt. I typicall wear a black or gray T under stuff, or will wear a white, gray, or black wife beater under things. If I am wearing a white shirt I will *always* wear a white beater. It shows through and looks a little more classy, in my opinion.

Shoes, shoes, shoes. Women look at shoes! I'll be wearing jeans but will wear my nicest shoes that I can (weather permitting.) I personally like clean cut looking shoes, nothing to "trendy" and nothing too crazy. But they are black, they are clean, they are shiney, and they look sharp. Simply get a nice pair and wear them when you are out. While you as a guy may never look at shoes, women do. And you know it! Women are always looking at other women and saying "Ooh, those are great shoes!" Don't ask me why, I don't know, I just know they do it. Deal with it. :mamoru:

If you need an idea on what to wear, you can always ask some female friends - if you trust them. Don't buy anything, but get them to go shopping with you and pick some stuff out. Or, if you have any gay male friends *with* fasion sense (not all of them do, ya know!) ask him.

It doesn't take much to look a little nice, but overall hygine is important too. Clean your fingernails, scrub your face and use lotion so your skin is not dry and flaking off. Scrub your hair and use conditioner. I use a *tiny* amount of Gel in my fair to give it some definition and control frizz. Cut your nose and ear hair (go get a trimer) and do more than just brush your teeth - use a pre-rinse like Plax, then brush, brush your tongue or get a tongue scraper, then use Listerine (I like the blue stuff, as much as it burns...) Get some nice cologne and deoderant (I get the stuff that matches my cologne) and remember that you should shower before you go on a date. For me, the deoderant only lasts about 4-5 hours, and after that I reek. Not good! :nono:

Now here is something to think about. If you go on a date, I always tell guys to check out how much work the woman put into getting ready. If she shows up in a t-shirt and sweatpants, she put zero effort into your date. If she shows up in high heels, stockings, a short skirt, attractive blouse, hair and nails nicely done, make up nicely done, just the right amount of perfume ... you KNOW it took her an hour or two to get ready. Do you think she did that just to shoot the breeze with some creep? Not a chance, she did it because (1) she likes you and (2) because she wants to impress you. So it is a huge signal of her interest in you. And if you show up looking like you just got done changing the oil in your car, what is she going to think about you? You guessed it, she's going to think you're not interested and are probably a slob.

So, again, with that said I'd think about building up your wardrobe over time. I bought a few jeans on sale, then some shirts on sale, then some t-shirts and beaters on sale, shoes on sale, etc.

7. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Damn Poco, lookin good!

I love those types of shirts, but still haven't bought any. What are they called? (If there is a name.)

8. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Well the usual best advice would be "get a girl to go shopping with you, that'll help you out a TON," but therein lies a conundrum. If you don't know or aren't friends with a girl whose fashion sense you would trust, you may not have that option.

9. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Just curious why you point out "expensive" here -- I really don't think the cost/expense matters as long as it looks good and is quality enough to get the job done.

10. quamen

quamen New Member

damn man looking sharp really sharp! I would sport something like that, but i usually dont dress like that, so she will think im just trying to impress her anyways.

11. camrytt

camrytt Sexual Deviant

jeans with sneakers on a date = no
    get some brown sperrys or clarks wallabees, wear a blue or green shirt
    black shoes - black or white, plane or vertical stripes

get a pair of darker jeans, they're good for either combo. tight in the crotch is good. apperantly women check it out (gf just told me that when she got me some new jeans)

make sure your belts the same color as your shoes, unless you want to be cool and get a cloth belt that matches your shirt

oh and if she knows you usually don't dress a little nicer she'll notice and appreciate it

12. quamen

quamen New Member

thanks alot for more of this great advice. I never head of those kind of shoes,but i guess ill check out my local mall to see what they got.

13. CLOT

CLOT OT Supporter

IMO, none of the people who posted here have a fashion sense at all.

Don't wear a undershirt with a Polo top or a dress shirt, your chest and neck are supposed to be seen when wearing a Polo or a dress shirt.

Polo's are meant to be one color, horizontal stripes are so ugly and typical of every other person out there that can't dress.

Sorry, but wearing a striped polo shirt, with a jacket and watch is NOT good fashion sense

IMO to impress her,

I would wear a very thin dark colored blazer with a tshirt underneath or a low hanging v-neck sweater. If you wear the v-neck, put on a necklace, get dark selvedge jeans and wear clean sneakers with colors that offset the color of your outfit.

whatever you choose, dont wear jeans with square-toed kenneth coles and a striped button down dress shirt :barf:

14. quamen

quamen New Member

thanks for the advice minya, it doesnt seem like you like the typical "trend" look. I just feel so underdressed wearing a tshirt underneath a blazer? I would wear a sweater,but not a v neck. And your saying go with the sneakers, not the dress shoe?

15. CLOT

CLOT OT Supporter

if you want to give off the, casual, but still has a fashion sense, thats what I would go for.

Thin Blazer, maybe a pinstripe, it just has to be thin and the shoulders need to be narrow

graphic tshirt or vneck sweater, or maybe even a really thin zip up hoody underneath the blazer. and have the hood sticking out over the jacket on the back

sneakers are a must! dress shoes belong with dress pants. dress pants go well with sneakers, but dress shoes do not go well with jeans IMO. if you dont want to wear sneakers, I would go with boots. boots are really popular now, especially worn in looking boots

basically, you dont want to look like every other guy, you want to impress her with your own unique style

here is a pic of a guy who I think has good fashion sense

[​IMG]

16. CLOT

CLOT OT Supporter

and if you are going to buy a blazer, get a blazer that has the military "look", more pockets, slightly shorter cut, thinner and no shoulder pads

17. camrytt

camrytt Sexual Deviant

ask her to go shopping with you, because you want clothes that she thinks hot. girls love shopping. be prepared to be at a fucking mall for 3 fucking hours though. hahaha. guaranteed success, though.

18. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I *absolutely* agree. Dress with what compliments you, your body, your style.

Looks like a high school wanna-be to me. But then again, I am 36. So, the obvious point is to dress for your AGE, too. While I could never wear that any more, lots of younger guys could. (IMO he's trying too hard, though...)

19. EE CUMMINGS

EE CUMMINGS aka RobHuang

nice clothes :bowdown: girls keep complimenting my fashion and clothes , it inflates my ego!

edit - also make sure you buy clothes that are your size/fit

20. quamen

quamen New Member

I couldnt even see myself in that type of outfit either. I can see myself in a button up,some nice shoes,jeans and a blazer with a nice matching belt though.

21. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I agree with looking different, but I think the guy in that picture is dressed like an idiot, and now I am wondering how you dress.

Post some pics of one of your outfits!

22. EE CUMMINGS

EE CUMMINGS aka RobHuang

he looks like someone from the superfuture forums :mamoru:

23. waffler

waffler Errrbuddy in this bitch get tipsy

adidas with bright blue stripes?? come on socrates step yo game up! and you dress like your in junior high sorry but you do

24. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

My goal in life is to dress like Larry David :)

I can't seem to find really good shirts though... everything is either fucking plaid or horizontal stripes. They both stink. Maybe it's just the places I shop.

25. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Well --- used to I would feel butthurt about this, but I get told I dress nice all the time (even though the striped shirt was a poor choice) by beautiful women. No offense to you, but I value their opinion a lot more, since they are the ones I put effort into looking nice for anyways.

Since you feel confident insulting my style, can we see a few pics of you?

Off subject, but I can say with confidence that my game is 10x stronger than yours, especially since you judge my game on how I dress. I don't think there are too many people who would disagree with that one.