Steering Wheel Problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dugg, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Dugg

Dugg Member

Hello,

I have a steering wheel that I used with my Win98 computer and it worked just fine. I now run WinXP and I tried to use the steering wheel and it will not work. One of my computers doesn't have a joystick port so I got a USB to joystick adaptor and when I plug it in I get the blue screen of death. My other machine has the joystick port and when I plug it in the computer doesn't reconize the steering wheel. Has anyone else had this problem, I am assuming that the steering wheel is not WinXP compatable? I can't find a manufacture name on the steering wheel, it just has Indianapolis 500 on the wheel. I was wondering if there is a driver I can get or am I SOL.

Thanks in advance.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

3. Dugg

Dugg Member

Does this mean I am screwed? If so, does anyone know of a inexpensive steering wheel? I just need something my 4 yr old can play the driving games with, nothing too fancy.

4. lolerskates

lolerskates New Member

no it means he is inferior to everyone else in every way, or he thinks that at least

try searching google for the wheel and maybe you can find out who made it, or you might even check ebay and see if someone is selling one just so you can find out who manufactured it.

if you have no luck then you can get a wheel pretty cheap now a days, check out newegg.com, pricewatch.com, amazon.com, and ebay.com

5. Dugg

Dugg Member

Thanks for the links, I haven't been to newegg.com before. They have some good stuff with good prices.

Thanks again.

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Bluescreens when you plug in devices indicate driver problems. If there aren't XP-compatible (or at least Win2000-compatible) drivers for your game wheel, you're fucked.