STDs -- guaranteed infection after 1st exposure?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by jond, Aug 12, 2005.

1. jond

jond New Member

I had sex with a chick I'm not sure about, and the condom came off in the heat of the moment. Now she wants to have sex all the time without condoms.

Will having sex again w/o a condom add any more risk to me at this point since I've already been exposed to whatever she may have, or is there a chance you might not catch a STD the first time?

2. scifimom

scifimom Fear is the mind killer. I will face my fear and l

Just stick with condoms. More unprotected exposure=more risk of STDs or pregnancy. It would be a mistake that could last a lifetime . Why does she want to be unprotected? You already said you're not sure about her. Be safe.

3. okita1

okita1 Great spirits have always encountered violent oppo

1st exposure does not guarantee some std's such as aids and other fluid transfered diseases
    if your not sure about the girl, i wouldnt mess with it

4. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

+1...don't think twice about it

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Are you really that desperate that you will sleep with a girl that wants you unprotected when you THINK she might have STD's? Jeesh man, there is pleanty of pussy out there, find a logical girl thats not infected ;)

6. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Why don't you suggest you both go and get tested together before you go unprotected? That is what I would do, if she gets offended then find another girl ;)

7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

WHY would you want to have unprotected sex to begin with?

8. Project X

Project X New Member

is it possible to get an hpv from a 1st time exposure? how does one contract it?

9. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

It is possible to get pregnant or contract and STD from even one sexual encounter!

10. Project X

Project X New Member

if the girl i am dating have hpv can i get it? what are my risks?

11. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I personaly don't have any clue.
    Why don't you do a google search on it or call your dr/local pp and ask?
    edit: first thing that pops up in google http://www.ashastd.org/stdfaqs/hpv.html

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Information to Live By:
    Human Papillomavirus (HPV)[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica] [/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] How common is HPV?

In the United States, HPV is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease (STD). Some studies estimate that the majority of the sexually active population is exposed to at least one or more types of HPV - although most do not develop detectable symptoms. Because HPV is so common and prevalent, a person does not need have to have a lot of sexual partners to come into contact with this virus.

What about HPV and cervical cancer?
    [/font]

• [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] There are many different types of genital HPV. [/font]
    • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Only certain types of HPV are linked with cervical cancer. These are usually called "high-risk" types. [/font]
    • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The types of HPV that cause raised external genital warts are not linked with cancer. These are called "low-risk" types. [/font]
    • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These wart-types of HPV usually are not usually found on a female's cervix, and therefore, are not going to carry any risk of cancer. [/font]
    • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is common for a person to be exposed and have more than one type of HPV, including several "high-risk" types. Yet, most women do not develop cervical cancer. [/font]
    • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cervical cancer usually takes years to develop. [/font]
    • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The majority of cases of cervical cancer are in women who have either never had a Pap smear, or have not had one in five years or more. [/font]
    • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cervical cancer can be prevented if a female gets a Pap smear at regular intervals. This way, if abnormal cell changes are found, it can be monitored and / or treated before progressing to cervical cancer. [/font]
    • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Most of the time, men will not have any symptoms or health risks such as cancer with the "high-risk" types of HPV. It is the female's cervix that needs to be monitored. [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] For more information on the two most common ways HPV can show-up:
    [/font]

12. jond

jond New Member

Good advise. I needed a clear headed perspective. I dont know why I even considered doing it again w/o a condom.

Thanks everyone. :)

13. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Honestly, I can't understand why ANYONE not in a fully commited, monogamous, already got tested for stds, relationship wouldn't use condoms?

I've been there though, stupid as all fuck. So happy that I never caught anything,and truly lucky. Looking back it was a terrible gamble and not worth the risk!

14. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

You have to respect the logic your balls makes your brain use...
    This is like the same logic that gets used when the condom breaks during sex and you have to choose... pull out or keep stroken.

Its also why I dont use condoms as an excuse to slut it up.
    When they break I dont stop and they tend to break =/