STD with no visual symptoms?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by YourMomOnRyeBun, Jul 14, 2008.

1. YourMomOnRyeBun

YourMomOnRyeBun New Member

Just curious...are there any STD's out there with no visual signs/symptoms? Well, other than AIDS. :coolugh:

Just found out an ex-girlfriend of mine was a filthy whore. The relationship lasted about a year, and this was over five years ago. I didn't know any of her friends prior to the relationship and my friends didn't know her. She was trying to "clean up her act" I guess while I was with her so she didn't have any of those "whore signs". Plus, we were in college, so to some degree, most girls acted a little loose, so she didn't really stand out. I was pretty busy with school at the time so I didn't pay her a lot of attention, plus I was fooling around on her at the time so even if she did show some signs of potentional whore-ery, I wasn't paying attention. Well, I was talking to some people who DID know her before/after our relationship and I guess she liked to fuck...A LOT. (Insert 5 black men reference).

Anyway, I don't THINK I have any symptoms of any STD that I know about, but I never really was concerned...not I am :ugh:.

CLIFFS: ex was a filthy whore, hope I didn't get anything from her...show no signs. But are their STD's (besides AIDS) that how no visual symptoms?

2. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

How about going to a doctor if youre so concerned?

3. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

:werd:

4. YourMomOnRyeBun

I probably will end up doing just that...this all transpired in the last day or so. Not too concerned, just want to be SURE.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Go get tested. Sounds like you've never been tested before, you had a whore of an ex-gf which I bet you didn't use a condom with and who knows how many other partners you've had.

There are STD's/STI's with no visual symptoms.

Go get tested.

6. YourMomOnRyeBun

No...always used a condom.

I have had an AIDS test...not because I was worried, but part of a regular health screen. I get regular physicals as well...doctor has never mentioned anything.

What are some of the diseases?

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Well that's good, it's still just nice to get tested for peace of mind, you know?

And honestly, I don't care to look them up and list right now. I just know it's possible.

8. YourMomOnRyeBun

haha...wasn't asking you to do the research. Just by the way you mentioned it I thought you might know off hand.

9. YourMomOnRyeBun

I think Chlamydia is cured with a common antibiotic. So I would be safe there...sick all the damn time.

Doctor's visit...here I come. Rather be safe...than :ugh:

10. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

Sure, but still.

It can have harmful side effects especially if you've passed it along to women even *if* it's curable

11. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

I read a study which found that around 50% of bacterial STIs show no symptoms, so, yes. Additionally, I think 2/3 of people with herpes have no symptoms or symptoms so minor that they don't notice them. Unfortunately, tests for herpes are not great.

12. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

13. squid

squid braap

Most STDs are actually capable of infecting a person without showing symptoms. They also can have long incubation periods. Get tested.

14. knucks

knucks Active Member

Last time I went to get tested they told me I couldn't get tested for chlamydia unless I was showing symptoms. That's some bullshit right?

Is it a blood test?

15. fray

fray New Member

MOST don't have visual symptoms.

Chlamydia is different from your typical bacteria and is only cured with certain classes of drugs. So just because you're sick all the time and have taken antibiotics does not mean that it would be taken care of.

16. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

It's bullshit, and you can do a chlamydia test by a swab or urine test. Chlamydia in particular has few symptoms. It's easily treatable but CAN be nasty if it's left.

Gonorrhoea tends to have more burning and discharge.

Syphillus is probably the worst. The first stage you have flu-like symptoms, then it starts getting seriously nasty.

Easiest way is to get tested... usually one urine sample and one swab is enough for most tests.

17. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I think all of them can and often show symptoms, but they can show no symptoms as well. Plus some of them come and go. And other times when the symptoms go away that's when they're at their worst. When it comes to STD's, symptoms only tell you that you are more likely to have one. You can probably have everything that they test for and still show no symptoms. So it's a good idea to get tested because you might be passing something along without realizing it.

18. knucks

knucks Active Member

I guess they didn't want to test me for anything that required more than a blood test (HIV, Syphilis) as I told them about my sexual partners which were few at the time :dunno:

19. fishjie

fishjie New Member

where is a good place to go and get tested?

i have united healthcare, and when i got my general checkup, i asked if the doc could also test me for stds. he said it wouldn't be covered by my insurance. but he did test me for HIV, which i came up negative, and he said he found nothing wrong with my liver, so didn't do follow up hepatitis tests.

20. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

Planned Parenthood.