SRS std help.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jesskasubercool, Apr 14, 2007.

1. jesskasubercool

jesskasubercool Jesska.

ok. so i didnt know exactly which area to ask this in. so since i need help i figured this one would most suit my question.

ok. so back in august. i was diagnosed with herpes II. I've been living a horrible life ever since. i ALSO have GAD (general anxiety disorder) and anxiety causes outbreaks. so basically life is hell. for me i seem to be getting outbreaks EVERY MONTH! i'll have like a week being outbreak free then all of a sudden it will flair up again and last for 2 to 3 weeks. basically it sucks. so now that i have been brutally honest now for my main reason for posting.

i was wondering if maybe there were any other OTers that are living with this. or if you know anyone with it. i need help on how to reduce outbreaks. i take 1000 mg of lysine, 250 mg of asodopholis, and 2 cranberry pills a day and this still doesn't work. i've tried acyclovir but that shit doesn't work. when i was diagnosed, after reading a bunch of stuff online, i figured that life wouldn't be this bad. since most people only have 2-5 outbreaks a year ish. and i seem to be having 12+ a year. which is ridiculous.

any advice would be amazing. thanksss.

2. jonno

jonno New Member

doctor

3. jesskasubercool

jesskasubercool Jesska.

i would... but i have no insurance. so i thought maybe SOMEONE, anyone.. could offer some advice.

4. Scootin

Scootin OT Supporter

Get your GAD treated. You're not going to get much help if you don't get a professional to help you out. This is about all we can tell you. Herpes is no joke, and there really isn't a cure. You could try valacyclovir, that's kind of the new gold standard in treatment of HSV-II. Apart from that, be sure to control your stress levels and MAKE SURE you get your GAD treated!

And for the love of God, do not be an irresponsible, selfish person and go spreading it around. You can transmit HSV at any time, regardless of outbreak status. Use a condom.

5. jesskasubercool

jesskasubercool Jesska.

well thanks for the name of the new meds, cause i've never heard of that.

and as for not spreading it. there hasn't been one guy that i have even kissed that doesn't know about it. i wasn't given the opportunity to know that i was being put at risk till it was too late. considering i got it from a rape. but yea. that's beside the point.

6. Scootin

Scootin OT Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you're being responsible with it though.