SRS Staying positive in these trying times

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by morphine, Dec 4, 2008.

1. morphine

morphine New Member

With the current economic situation, and the outlook looking quite grim, I'm wondering how everyone is staying positive in these trying times. It's doom and gloom all over for the most part, which presents a challenge for staying optimistic and positive. Especially with individuals that are already in some sort of depressed state, this creates quite the problem.

2. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

I'm not worried about it yet I'm in a pretty good financial position and my job is secure, I didn't get over my head when I bought my house and I actually save/invest money every month. I don't really feel bad for these people that lived beyond their means now complaining they can't make their mortgage payment. I didn't vote for obama but I'm trying to stay positive he'll live up to all the hype and turn this around for the better :hs:

3. CrispyGame

CrispyGame Stop staring at my avatar.

I'm just... not. I really have nothing to stay positive about.

4. morphine

morphine New Member

Yeah, I mean I don't really have a whole lot of sympathy toward people who lived beyond their means. That being said though, the upcoming economic conditions are going to affect people that DIDN'T live beyond their means.

5. esrever

esrever New Member

I didn't over buy on my house either. I actually still have an ARM loan, just adjusted again and payment went down by $100. Also save and invest, although it would be nice to see my 401 and Roth accounts rebound back up.

6. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Besides my 401k and investments taking a HUGE loss this year I don't see it affecting me that much :dunno: I'm at least 25 years from retirement :hs: We have reconsidered our travel plans though I'd rather travel in this country and keep my money here instead of going to europe and getting raped with exchange rates.

7. Bacardi 151

Bacardi 151 New Member

:werd:

Shitty times.

8. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

money does not = my mood

If I had a billion dollars, I could have a million slaves.

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I can only say stop watching the news, all of the horror in the world is gathered, and then pushed thru this little tube called a t.v into your face. When it rains, most of it will not hit you. But i feel the same counts for economic crisis, even tho a lot of things might be going wrong, we should more often look at the things we DO have in life, rather then looking at the things we DONT have in life and appreciate them.

10. 7960

7960 New Member

my family is healthy, my kids are getting good grades and made their travel teams, my friends all get along and have fun, my dogs can't get enough playing............... what are these "trying times" of which you speak?

11. Abomb

Abomb New Member

what shitty economic times? Malls are packed in Texas :hsugh:

12. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

I'm not too worried about anything at the moment. My company is doing good, I'm the only person who does my job, my bosses love me, and I make good money. Our house should be finished in early January. My husband is making a good bit of money now with a bunch of extra transmission jobs on the side in addition to his daily job of building transmissions. We have no debt, and have been smart with our money for years.