WEB Stay with current host or change to a different host...?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bob-dc2, Aug 31, 2007.

1. bob-dc2

bob-dc2 Expanse

I have A Small Orange
    http://www.asmallorange.com/services/hosting/
    I am happy with them but I am using up all of my bandwidth every month on the Large plan I have now. Plus I have 20+ sites so I need the reselling account so I am paying 25/month. That isn't that much but I know many other hosts have the same features with equally good support with more bandwidth for less money.

It will be a pain in the butt to move all of the sites over since I have a ton of mysql databases for the differnent applications I am running (wordpress, etc)

So should I stay with ASO and upgrade to the next plan (35/mo) or go with another host that will probably be in the 15-25/mo range?

Note: I don't mind paying extra, but I don't really think I am getting much more. It is just the time that it will take to move all of my sites over that I am not to excited about.

2. bob-dc2

bob-dc2 Expanse

shit, actually I am on the largest plan now. I forgot. So I am paying 35/mo, not 25. I know I can get some better/faster hosts for that amount of money.

3. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

I'm a big fan of www.myriadnetwork.com check them out, they have a forum on their site as well. Also check out www.webhostingtalk.com, there are some comments about them there. I have a reseller account here. I would go with like a VDS account if I was in your position. A bit more money, tons more space and bandwidth.

4. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

5. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

6. Shagvenger

Shagvenger All the best go four abreast...

I've been using HyTek Hosting for the past year since they've been advertising in OT member services. Been VERY happy with them thus far. Josh is good about getting back to me quickly when I have questions.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2787852

Their largest plan is only 50 GB more bandwidth than what you have now, but w/ the 20% off, you'll be paying less.

7. bob-dc2

bob-dc2 Expanse

So I shouldnt stay with my host?

I know there are plenty of great hosts out there. I just dont want to give up a host that I know has great uptime and good customer service.

8. bob-dc2

bob-dc2 Expanse

oh, I signed up with media temple last month but I cant stand their admin interface. total crap