GUN State of Texas WMDers....open carry petition

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by texchef, Jun 24, 2008.

1. texchef

texchef Guest

Saw a news blurb this morning about a petition heading to Gov. Perry's office to add open carry to the books in addition to the current CC laws. Only 3500 signatures were needed and there are just over 6200.

Here is the link if you wanna check it out and add your name. I'm not affiliated with the cause but thought you guys would be interested.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?texasoc&1

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

FUCK I want open carry in TX :x:

3. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

I dont really care. If it happens it happens, if not. So be it.

4. texchef

texchef Guest

I'm cool with it and a little indifferent at the same time. I guess the thing that would freak me out the most is knowing someone could brush past your or do a "pick pocket bump" and snag my gun. Maybe I'm just over thinking it. :dunno:

5. Willie J

Willie J New Member

i'm not against open carry, i just think if u want to carry a gun that bad, go applied for a your license. get some training. to many crazies in Texas that would just want to show off their heat and have no real idea on how to properly use it

6. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

I love posts like these.
    Starts off "I'm not against______" which is then followed by how it should be limited/restricted and the the reason you really are against it. (consciously or subconsciously).
    Don't fall into the same techniques anti gunners use.

If you aren't against it, then just say you aren't, it's not YOUR personal choice but you support everyone's decision to do so if they so choose.

7. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

While I try to be diplomatic usually, you've said what I really want to deep down.

8. Skot281??

Skot281?? New Member

I'm all for anything that brings guns to the attention of the general public in an instance that is separate from a criminal act viewed on the news.

9. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

What makes you think they would allow OC w/o a license? I know some states do, which I think is retarded. Everyone carrying a gun needs to have some sort of background check at the bare minimum. In GA it requires a license to carry. It doesnt matter whether its open or concealed.

10. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Why do you think that? In vermont and alaska anyone that can legally own a gun can carry it. No background checks, no licenses, no tests, no training, no classes. Are there problems there with that system? If not, it seems the retarded label has been misplaced.

11. Asses Maximus

I think something is to be said about people who take the time and energy to go and apply for a permit to carry. It isnt just somebody who stopped in a gun store and bought a gun. These people take the time to find where and how to carry legally and to me that shows a greater level of responsibility.

12. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Alright then it should be easy to demonstrate that by showing me that the states that don't require permits are having problems with legal gun carriers behaving irresponsibly with their guns. If that can't be shown, it seems your theory is dead and things don't play out the way you imagine them to.

Don't be guilty of the same emotional thinking crap the brady group is. If there's no evidence to support your position, swallow your pride, say you guessed wrong and learn from it.

13. texchef

texchef Guest

I guess it's all about piece of mind and frame of mind. If they DID NOT require a CHL here for open carry and then someone gets killed from some dumbass that thinks he is gonna end a situation permanently then all hell will break loose in the court system.

IMO, I think open carry should require a CHL. I know other states do it and probably do it well but I can't speak for their statistics in gun violence from NON-CHL holders and open carry. Unfair to throw a comparison up about a state I know nothing about.

14. Willie J

Willie J New Member

i'm just saying that if i chose to carry a weapon i wouldn't want everyone to know. in WMD if ur opinion doesn't match the consensus your a fucking idiot apparently. i think that OC causes a scene, and u can read about it on every other forum.

this is my thought exactly, not retarded just unwise. my problem is with people that dont have a license, just carry a gun for shits and giggles.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  15. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

There's a big difference between not wanting to personally open carry because it might draw attention to you and saying that there's a good reason to make it harder for people to open carry. I don't care what you do with your gun, I car a great deal when you tell me what to do with mine.

My same challenge applies to you as the other poster. There's plenty of data out there from "retarded" states. Show me why they're retarded. If you think you've been labeled an idiot unfairly, show us your thought process that proves you're a rational thinker with well reasoned and supported opinions.

16. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

and I'm pointing out that you are fitting your own terminology by making the passive aggressive comments and that style is common among the anti gunners.
    People carry oc all the time in other states with no problems whatsoever. So why regulate it? because YOU don't like it? you THINK it causes a scene?
    doesn't that sound like another group of people out there? "don't like it so regulate it".

17. texchef

texchef Guest

are you refering to that dumb ass story about the guy being "forced to disarm" by the Wal-Mart manager?? If so then you believe everything you read on the intarnetz.

When it comes to gun issues, both violent and non, I DO NOT take stock in what is stated on any forum....including this one. Granted there are those very few instances where someone backs up a statement with a news article or news vid clip that directly involves them.

As far as the WMD concensus, no your not considered an idiot unless you make idiotic statements.

18. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

19. nx2vgt

nx2vgt New Member

20. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

signed #8069

21. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

:ugh: another worthless gun owner

22. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

i think you should have to pay a $20,000 fee to carry a gun, that shows even MORE responsibility!

23. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

24. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

Once again there is no reasoning behind these moron "gun owners" who think OCing is bad or it should be with a license. Nope, more retarded Brady Bunch "it feels good" logic

Christ, i couldn't imagine OC'ing with a permit, you'd have fucktwit cops bothering you non stop for your permit

25. Asses Maximus

great...2 states out of 50 allow it...I bet we'll get some unbiased statistics from that...