startup trouble

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Wolvrin704, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

For any of you with performance chips in your truck let me tell you a story.

Wednesday on the way home I was cruising down the interstate when the truck all of a sudden wouldn't acclerate. What got my attention was the tach going from 2500 to 4500. At first I thought it was the tranny, got off the interstate and for about a mile down a side road it continued. Finally it quit and ran fine on Thursday. Friday morning I got up for work went to the truck and it wouldn't start. It was cranking fine but wouldn't fire. At first I'm thinking along the lines of fuel pump, fuel filter or fuel injectors. I check everything under the hood first and check the fuel cutoff switch, nothing wrong that I can see. So I decide to get online to check out the F150 forum I go to and see if anyone else has had fuel pump trouble. I found a topic about the same type of trouble as I was having. Someone mentioned the Superchip could have dirty contacts. So I take the chip out of the computer and wahlah the truck starts up right away. I'm going to have to clean the chip and computer contacts really good before trying it again. But now I at least know what my problem is if it hapens again.