startup disk is full? how do i fix this

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by KuntryFresh, Apr 18, 2007.

1. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

2. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

its on the macbook
    i was making that damn mp2 into the other format from the thread. almost done and it gives me an error. cant complete then says start up disc full

god i cant fucking win

anyways how do i fix it now that u made your joke

3. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

You're joking right?
    If it's full, that means you need to delete stuff, there for making it less than full.

Now if you're getting this message while everything else is saying you have plenty of room, which would have been nice for you to mention to start with, then you need to do some drive maintenance because there something more seriously wrong. Either there is s a glitch causing the message to appear when and drive really isn't full, or the Finder is reporting the wrong amount of free space.

Try running Disk Utility to fix it. I personally like DiskWarrior even better.

4. BlaqueMan

BlaqueMan New Member

get disc inventory x from version tracker, it will visually show you all your shit that you can get rid of

5. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

i had this the other day while downloading a bunch of stuff. all of a sudden i got the same error. i checked in finder and it said my disk was full too. so i went into disk inventory x and it said that what was filling up my harddrive was some random log file. so i cleaned the logs in onyx and rebooted and it was fine again. i don't know how in the course of minutes os x made a 30 gig log file.

6. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

ya somehow i dont see my HD being full already. its my laptop and i keep most of my shit on my desktop so we will see.