Starting WoW

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by uildaan, Nov 8, 2005.

1. uildaan

uildaan New Member

I was thinking of starting to play wow but was wondering on character choice, ive been reading some websites and things and thinking of starting a druid but was just wondering about what class would be good for me if I want to be welcome in a group but still able to solo abit as well. Anyone able to recommend a class that fits?

2. Supernoma

Supernoma servus publicae OT Supporter

Hunter works good. Your pet can tank for you so you can solo. People like having hunters because they can do lots of damage over time and status effecting attacks.

Im enjoying my hunter :)

3. KiddX

KiddX Tigth as Piston In Ferrari Engine!

Hunters are the Best Class in the game if you want to PvP. if you want to PvE and PvP be a mage. if you want to PvE be a Warrior. if you want to be someones bitch, be a priest

4. Ancoats

Ancoats New Member

I'm a warrior. Its fun.

Although I've only just hit the Westfall missions. I have a long way to go, but I do play on a server thats only been up for 4 days so I have a chance. :big grin:

5. Lacuta

Lacuta :OG:

dwarf priest FTW. You'll never have problems finding a group, and fear ward is a def. plus.

6. McClane

McClane Who Killed Marilyn?

Warrior. Best class in the game.

7. SurffyZukki

SurffyZukki New Member

As someone who has spent WAY too much time playing this game (see my thread I'm about to post) here's my advice:

Best PvE: Mage
    Best PvP: Priest (shadow obviously)
    Best PvP/PvE combo: Hunter, followed closely by mage

Shaman are really fun to play, never played a pally. As far as a druid goes, they are fun pve and can solo easily, but you WILL be a healer in groups - they don't do much damage but can stay alive for WAY too long in pvp (second only to paladins)- which is nice for battlegrounds. Rogues are just bitches, but my main is a mage so of course I'd say that. Never played a warrior, my friend enjoys his, but hack and slash isn't really my type of thing and warlocks are just gimped priests imo.

8. Contemptor

Contemptor OT Supporter

Me and my friend are gonna play the trial. We played before as a warrior and a druid I think. What do you recomend we play? We'll be duoing most the time... but only for 9 days so we wont get that high a level.