Starting to cut the haze off the hood

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by pLaYIstIcPimP, Sep 9, 2005.

1. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

alright guys. i am sure you can see down below this post that i have been having a major problem with my hood. well, i finally got a greatful friend to loan me his porter cable and also all of his stuff that he uses. very nice guy! :bigthumb: but it is almost gone but you can still see very slight traces. I am thinking about going to get that 3M stuff tomorrow and try it out. here is what i am using in the steps i am using them. So far, i have only gotten to the 3rd step. also, i am using 3 different pads from www.specialtymotoring.com the yellow to cut, white to polish and the blue to finalize it all. please tell me what you think of my process and if i should get the 3M stuff
    [​IMG]

It is dark, sorry i couldn't get a better pic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2005
  2. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

now the porter cable seems to have a short. that is just great. looks like i will be buying one sooner than later.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Take apart the back end where the cord goes into, I bet it has pulled loose. Very common problem.

4. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

scott, i did and it seems to be something else. i can tap it on the right side and it will work but it is very loud and you can hear the sparks inside. should it do that? also, the switch doesn't work unless i tap it.

5. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

looks like it is going back to home depot tomorrow.