Starting the Master Cleanse for 5 Days, tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Jacko, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacko

Jacko HEEE HEEE OT Supporter

http://themastercleanse.org/

:noes:

Between the Thanksgiving holiday and work. My diet has completely gone to shit, and it is making me feel terrible. Plumbing is not operating to spec.

It's about time I added a little Drano. I tried this about 8 months ago and only made it three days before I was too hungry to function.

I am on Day 1 of the ease-in process, limiting my hard foods.

I want to go one more day on liquids and veggies.

I plan on trying to go for 5 days on the cleanse.

EASE IN
    Day 1 - Fruits and Veggies

Simply remove processed foods, and meat from your diet.
    Day 2 - Fruit and Veggie Juice (Optional)

Same produce, just juice it. This step preps your body for a liquid diet and delivers macro nutrients directly to your bloodstream. If you do not have a juicer, you can make soup broths, or just move onto Day 3
    Day 3 - Orange Juice

Manually or electrically juice enough oranges to make 2 liters of Orange Juice mixed with water to taste and with 2 tables spoons Maple Syrup for caloric needs.
    The Master Cleanse

This is the entire process. Just repeat for every day on the cleanse. 3 days is considered the shortest standard time-frame, however I have heard from those who do it just 1 day, or even 1 day each week. 5 and 7 days are fairly standard first try’s. 10 days is a great achievement and will produce far better results as your body can really begin to focus on the deep and dark within. 14 days is very challenging and when added to the Ease-in and Ease-out is almost 3 weeks in total. I have heard and seen many people going 30 and more days. My suggestion is that 2 weeks is more than enough. Longer sessions should be questioned for motivation.

Whether you begin the Master Cleanse immediately or Ease-in, the first day is the same. You will need to make one adjustment to suit your personal preferences, and or daily routine with work, or family. Generally the variation revolves around timing your daily flush. Perhaps equally important to breaking the fast correctly is the daily bowel movement. It is crucial to flush out the toxins your body is eliminating, and since you are not consuming digestible food (fiber) to create a bowel movement, you will have to make that happen. There are two accepted methods to produce bowel movements: Laxative teas, and the Salt water flush. I will describe my preferred method, including timing and methods in full as well as alternatives.
    Step 1 - Awake, and prepare your daily nourishment.

Soon after arising you will prepare your daily intake of Lemon Juice, Maple Syrup and Cayenne Pepper. Prepare the entire days meals in one session. You will become quite adept at the process very quickly. Take you cutting board, hand or electric juicer, table spoon measure, lemons, maple syrup and cayenne pepper and place them on the counter top.
    Roll each lemon firmly between your palm and the counter. Put sufficient downward pressure as you rock the lemon back and forth under your hand. You are softening the lemon to make the extraction of juice more efficient.
    Next, cut the lemon and juice each half on the juicer (if using an electric juicer you may want to juice the whole allotment at once, since you will not be sure how many lemons will yield the proper amount of juice, you may find you waste a lemon or two in your first few days).
    The following quantities of each ingredient are required (some adjustment may be required for above average sized people, large and small - learn more here.
    • 14 Table Spoons Lemon Juice
    • 14 Table Spoons Maple Syrup
    • 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper - or to taste (as much as you can stand)
    Pour the juice into a cup if it is awkward to measure from the hand-juicer. Measure 7 tablespoons into a single 1-liter chug-able container. Measure 7 Tablespoons of maple syrup into the same container. !!! Important - Lick the tablespoon measure - you will enjoy the treat and even come to look forward to it. Leave the cayenne until you have complete the second 1-litre chug-able. Repeat these steps for the second time in the second 1-litre container. Finally measure 1/2 teaspoon into each container. Recently a tip was posted to not add the cayenne until you are going to drink the mix because it will not seem so hot to taste. That sounds like a good tip, but frankly I don’t bother. Give it a try if the cayenne bothers you - and it does bother many - including me, but I just can’t be bothered with the extra step.
    Finally, fill your 3rd 1-litre chug-able with water, and be prepared to fill it several more times during day. This water will cleanse your palate of the Lemon Juice, as well as keep your stomach feeling the illusion of being full. You can drink as much water as you want. I drink as much as I can, but like anything, don’t over do it.

Wish me luck.

Experiences?

2. Drewski

Drewski New Member

sounds fun :rolleyes: and otherwise useless.

having a healthy "clean" body won't come from some occasional cleanse, no matter what the marketing says.

The body has developed internal mechanisms to cleanse itself, all it needs from you is a a good diet including unprocessed or minimally processed foods, including lots of fiber is the best way to go. and a week of shit food here or there isn't going to make or break you, just don't make it a habit and you'll be fine

3. Sims.0

Sims.0 New Member

No offense or anything but this seems incredibly pointless. what do you hope to gain from this "cleanse"? what happens when you go back to eating normally? if i were you id just try and stick to a long term plan of eating healthy.

4. Lukkie

Lukkie OT Supporter

glad they got that covered

5. BlackWRX

BlackWRX New Member

You know why it works? BECAUSE YOU EAT HEALTHIER.

Of course your body is going to clense itself if you stop eating shit food for a few weeks. You don't need some magic product to do that.

6. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

I'm not saying that particular method is a good idea, but I've been thinking about doing a cleanse for a while now. With the amount of meat I eat, I've probably got the equivalent of a 6lb steak lodged somewhere in my colon.

7. Hood Moses

Hood Moses I part the Black Seas...

Minus well just take exlax.

8. Formz

Formz Hipster Santa OT Supporter

9. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

Metamucil bro...cleans ya right out...

10. Abomb

Abomb New Member

4 realz?

11. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

Actually, on this subject, I know BDR is an advocate of occasional cleansing. Somebody direct him here and see what he would recommend...

12. Ultimate_Ninja

Ultimate_Ninja New Member

I had a coworker do that for a week. She ate one tortilla chip on day 8 and dry heaved for the next two hours. Went to the ER and the staff laughed at her for trying something so fucking dumb. If you want to "cleanse", stop eating like an asshole and work out more. Bingo.

13. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Yeah but he's a fruitcake

14. solarian

solarian ya heard

Whenever I cheat or eat shit I shouldn't i don't drop calories or "cleanse" i just go back to my normal diet..

15. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

yea bro...extra fiber keeps you regular and aids excreting waste...

16. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

BDR is my homeboy and strong as an ox but he does a lot of weird holistic stuff that are more for mental health and clarity then physical health.

17. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I know a few folks that have done it for up to 40 days.
    One reccomends doing coke while on it to supress apetite.
    Another also reccomends urine therapy.:ugh:

18. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

What would Wolfehunter do?

19. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

yea...coke and orange juice for 40days...fucking brilliant... :rolleyes:

20. Ribbie

Ribbie OT Supporter

dont forget the maple syrup! you know... for caloric needs

21. ReFreshing

ReFreshing OT Supporter

i would never do this

22. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

all these cleanse things are pissing me off.

The latest one on the radio is lose 5-15 pounds of waste stuck in your colon with these pills that make you shit 24/7

:ugh2: all attracting people who cant diet properly and/or dont know the rigth ways to

23. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

snake oil

24. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

pointless

25. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

A good way to cleanse yourself, eh?

:mamoru:
    A choice between pee and coke?

Thread Status: