SRS Starting over

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Deadhead9150, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

Lately I've been seriously toying with the idea of starting my life over. I haven't had the easiest life and as much as I wish it were not the case, everyone who I though cared about me and my life is either dead/or never actually cared. Due to some unfortunate circumstances I was kicked out on my own a number of months ago and I'm making it but I don't like where I am. Every day that goes by I feel like packing up my clothes and my computer and just leaving. Changing my phone number, my e-mail and just walking away and starting over.

I feel like the only way I can move forward is to write off everything that has happened in my 19 years alive and just move on. I've been thinking long and hard and there is only one person in the world I have even a slight desire to continue having any relationship with whatsoever. Maybe this is a problem with me as a person, maybe its a result of my upbringing. I just really want to start over, be the person I want to be, not the person my circumstances have created. At first I just thought this was running away from my problems but the more I look at it the more I feel like its just cutting away the baggage and cancer from my life and saving myself from snapping and just putting a bullet in my head.

I keep running this scene through my head, which I thought about putting at the end of a movie about my life (I toyed with the idea of writing a screenplay) where its winter and I'm hailing a cab with a suitcase and I turn to my mother and say, "You've never done anything for me my entire life. I'm asking you to do this one thing for me. Let me go." I just don't know what to do. I don't think I'd be able to bear another holiday season the way they've been, I feel like if I don't change something, it'll all be over. So, sorry about the length but if you read it, I'd like to hear your opinions.

2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

been thinking about the same thing still working on details imo its important to have a good plan as far as WHAT starting your life over means? Do you want to be healthier? Live in a different place? Meet more people? it just depends on the person ive had my ups and downs as well (recently its been a bit of a downward trend :wtc:) I think if you do want to write everything off thats fine but dont forget it completely or your likely to make the same mistakes Hope this helps
    -04JETTA

3. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

Ideally, I just want everything that's happened in my past to be gone.:hs: I had very little to no control for what happened when I was younger, I didn't choose my family. Just completely start over, no past, ho history, no one knows anything about me, and I can just have the shit that has caused me problems with people not exist. No one will know about anything so as far as they know it didn't happen. As far as I'm concerned, I'd have been better off all these years without my family so I'd rather not have one.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its good to become independant and start a new sheet of your life. Your family was nothing but a bunch of strangers who happend to be related by blood to you. Write them off, and start over ,pack your bags and leave to a place that has lots of oppertunities and new openings for you.

5. glass

glass New Member

if you can support yourself, go for it.

6. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

I agree with glass

7. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Let me just say that running away from your problems will rarely fix your problems.You can't run away from who you are.

Your circumstances have turned you into the person you are...so stop letting your circumstances define you. Just deciding to up and start over isn't a smart move, because you don't really have a plan. All you know is that you want to escape, when the truth is that you really just need to ENDURE. To change the circumstances in your life and turn things around for yourself.

IF that means moving away, that's one thing. But more than likely you're going to discover that just running away to escape isn't going to solve your problems.

8. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

then move out, start by yourself, fail, go home crying like a bitch

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I started from scratch a few years ago. Best thing I've ever done. My life is everything I dreamed it would be now.

10. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

Go for it if it's what you feel you must do.

Just remember though, the problems aren't at your location, they are with you, so they will travel with you to wherever you go.

However, going somewhere else may alleviate those problems after awhile.

11. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

would moving somewhere else actually change your state in life for the better? If so, then by all means, do so.

Oftentimes, however, you're where you are because of your habits, and you'll need to change those before you can really improve your life.

12. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

Fucking asshole bumps this thread after it was linked in offtopic section. I have moved on and I am on my own and doing well. Feeling shitty but I'll never end up like you so that at least gives me some hope.

13. you know me

so can I get a ban for name calling?

14. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

I was thinking about it.

15. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

you linked an asylum thread in the main? :nono:

16. you know me

:hsugh: no

17. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

No but he did troll me on it after it was linked and then came here to troll a little more.

18. you know me

404 troll not found

19. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

Sounds pretty trolling to me? Oh wait, it is.

20. you know me

you're clearly trying to bait me into flaming you and that just won't happen here.
    i'm done with this thread, i'm done with you, welcome to my il

21. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

This is similiar to the end of the movie "second hand lions". I just watched it tonight.