SRS starting college again, im always nervous about meeting new people, girls in general

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by quamen, Jan 17, 2006.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

All throughout college I think many people thought i was some stuck up ass, or just a very anit social person. I attend college part time and I have made no friends since I started this school. I dont really have time for extra activities such as clubs,but i never met anyone in my class. Since this is a university where people dorm, it seems when i get to my classes there are always small groups where everyone knows each other within that group. I find myself alone not knowing them, but dont know how about introducing myself to maybe the person sitting next to me,or around me. I always feel like there judging me and just wont take me for who I am. IF it is a girl, I feel like she will think im hitting on her and be freaked out, when im just trying to meet more people and want to be nice. IT is hard for me to initiate any conversations with people,and I just feel very lonely. Im 24 and I really dont have any friends except 3, no gf cause she cheated on me and that is it. My other 2 friends dont really do that much,there great guys but also very tied up into computer games or school. So i basically never get out to go to a bar since there younger,go out to do some kind of sport etc, im always alone.

I just dont want to sound like a dork or freak,and say something. Hi my name is, what is yours.

2. M.O.B.

M.O.B. New Member

Man I'm just like you, I wish I could give you some good advice but I can't really. I am suffering as well and I wish I was at least in the position you are in to be in college at your age. I'm 27 now and I find myself doing things and going places alone and wishing I could have at least one person to chill with. Most of my friends are or have settled down with a girl and have moved on without me :(. All I can say is too try and focus on college and your studies. Worrying about people and college can be very stressfull and will add more to your anxiety. I dunno what else to say I'm just kind of rambling now but I at least tried to help?