TAT Started Polynesian shoulder cap

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Gogoplata, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Got started on my shoulder cap. Was initially going to be a half sleeve but I tucked when we got closer to the time and it was showing below my typical short sleeve length. :sadwavey:

Anyways, my artist Alex lived in Tahiti for 5 years and married a local, ran a shop there. I was just lucky (coincidence) that he is local to me in Minneapolis. :bowdown:

The center is being lasered. I have my first session on Thursday and hopefully we'll be finishing up the new work by late March or early, early April. The new center will be a tiki head and 2 sharks on the sides in a yin/yang type set up. I'm excited about it. :bigthumb:

This was done in one session. Somewhere between 4.5 and 5 hours. Lots of shading. :wtc::wtc::wtc:

Please excuse my 337 year old .5 megapixel cell phone camera. :hs:

I've also been added to the artists portfolio page as a work in progress
    http://northeasttattoo.com/artwork/1138729.html

Edit: Updated with new/good pics. It's fucking amazing the difference between an old cell phone and a normal digital.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2010
  2. tefnut

tefnut build

sweet, i'm a fan of these 'tribal' type designs that are more custom / thought out than the average

3. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

1. sweet tits
    2. sweet tattoo
    3. can't wait to see it with the inside filled out, sounds like an awesome concept

4. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

thanks. the whole design tells "my" story. It's a full custom piece. it tells a story of a new day rising, the inside of it will be my story as a fighter (martial artist), etc.. It's all very cool.

1. jealous, imo
    2. thanks homey
    3. I'm STOKED for the rest to get finished. I'm an impatient bastard.

New/Updated pics added above. Looks much better in the new pics.

5. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

for all of the guys who know the ins and outs of tattoos - what do you think of the work? I see so much criticism of peoples work on here, wondering what you guys think of my new stuff.

I lol when looking at my old stuff (the ithchyst and kanji getting removed in the middle). Looks like shit and it's maybe 5 years old (never took care of it).

Thoughts on new stuff?

6. MossMan813

MossMan813 New Member

Looks great...good line work. I'm surprised the artist can't do a cover up on those gems in the middle.

7. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

He can/was going to. He is just starting to push his laser removal so he's building his portfolio.

;)

The ones in the middle are awesome! :rofl:

8. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

had my first laser removal session on the middle piece last night..

let's just say it didn't feel awesome.. it felt like someone was snapping you really hard with a super hot rubber band.

I think it will be totally gone in 4 sessions and I can finish. I have another session on 2/5 and I will have one in the beginning and one in the end of march. I should be able to finish the piece middle of april.

I'll post a couple pics after the first laser session tonight or tomorrow. I'm stoked to have this shit removed and finish the piece.

9. Vysion

Vysion New Member

How do you "take care" of a tattoo? Isn't it below the skin? Do you take care of it by using lotion and stuff to protect and make the skin healthy?

10. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

sun tan lotion and regular lotion.

I'm in the sun ALL the time between Caribbean vacations and summers on the lake/boat. I never use sunscreen.

11. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

round 2 laser removal tonight

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

12. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

round 3 laser removal tonight.

Round 2 was significantly less painful than one. I'm also going to schedule time to add to the piece. I'm going to go higher onto the shoulder, lower on the arm and fill a few small pieces. I think I have 3 more total laser sessions to go and after that - I should have the negative space to finish the inside of my cap.