SRS Started a new part time 2nd job two weeks ago...now, i met a co-worker...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LS Boy, Feb 2, 2006.

1. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

...two weeks ago i got hired as a bouncer at a club/bar downtown. staff contains about 10 bouncers, and about 10-12 bartenders/waitresses.

as you all know, about a month ago---i found out my gf of 1yr 3months (ex now) was seeing someone for a month while we were together and im still trying to get over that. im doing alot better now and this is one reason why i took this job. i also have a full time job during the day. but only work here on weekends

anyways, theres this one bartender....who i think is really cute---shes innocent looking and really nice..not too flashy---pretty much just normal looking girl. anyways, my first week there..i didnt really noticed her, until last week. then saturday she was working at the main bar and i saw her and i was just chillin there while keeping my eyes open for troublemakers....when i saw her, we just smiled at each other since shes busy and i was busy too.....thats it for that night.

next day, which was sunday....i passed by there to have couple beers with my buddies.. we got a table across the main bar and a waitress...waitress didnt know i worked there so i told her i just started and so did she. (i love my hook up by the way)

anyways, that cute bartender was in charge of the main bar again and my friends was checking her out...and as i look, i see her looking my way smiling...i smile back but i didnt bother too much of it.....this happened 3-4times where i catch her looking at my way or trying to "sneak" in a look at me.
    so finally, i saw one of those computer game on the bar where you put a dollar and you can play poker, etc.... so i headed up there and as soon as i got there she was in my face.... with a big smile and said hi to me and said "hey, what are you doing here?" she said it like she knew me already. (mind, i havent talked to this girl at all...this is the first time.)....then we had a convo, talked for awhile....i asked her about herself, how long she worked there, if shes still in school, and where she live.. she asked me the same, etc.... then offered me a free shot..but i declined. but instead i took a blue moon which she said "dont worry, its on the house" but i gave her $5 tip for that drink.

anyways, towards the end of convo (since she has alot of customer) i said "oh yea, whats your name again?" then she told me her name and i said "oh, im mike by the way" and she said "oh i know *smile*" (i was thinking in my head...wow, how did she know).

so after i talked to her, i walked away and so did she. i played darts with my friend and while we were playing i was looking at her and she kept looking at me smiling. then everytime i go back to the bar, she keeps passing by having a small talk with me.

anyways, i know im prolly just looking too much into this and overanalyzing but...i think theres potential here.

thing is, like i said sunday was the first time i talked to her and i dont know when her day off is and if shes single or not. i really wanna get to know her but since my last relationship, i dont know how to go about this anymore :wtc:

it seems hard and weird for me to ask her out. i just dont know how to start :hs:
    i wanna take her out to a AUTOSHOW or something.....

help :x:

cliff:
    -started a new job as a bouncer
    -met a cute bartender two weeks later who shows somewhat of attraction
    -talked to her for the first time on sunday
    -now i wanna get together with her outside of work.
    -how do i go about doing it? :hs:

2. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

go for it man! good deal, good luck with her and dont move to fast.

3. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

my question is....how would i go on asking her out? i wanna get to know her outside of work :hs:

4. dmac411

dmac411 OT Supporter

say just that, then shut up and wait for a response.

5. johan

johan Active Member

"hey, whaddya doin friday night?"
    she'll say "nothing, what's up"
    you say "not much, heading out to the xxxyyy."
    she pauses and looks at you...expectantly...
    you look her in the eyes and say "wanna go?"

simple. I swear to god it is just this simple.
    Go do it.

6. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

"I'd like to get to know you outside of work, but I don't know how to ask you out, or if you have a boyfriend or if you're a lesbian or if you'd even consider spending time that might be romantic with a person like me."

7. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

Word. Just cut to the chase, and tell it like it is.
    (even though I am still anti co-worker dating/screwing/yada yadda)

8. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

sounds good.

im working tonight friday and sat. i hope shes working tonight, imma talk to her a lil bit more....then may be friday or saturday, ill ask her :x:

9. Xaz

Xaz New Member

I ended up marrying a bartender and the one thing I learned right off the bat find something to do OTHER than going out for drinks. Also, remember its their job to flirt and talk smack to every guy that walks in the door of that joint so dont even chase her if you have even a small bit of a jealous streak.

I eventually talked my bartender into hitting a comedy club with some friends of mine. Worked like a charm, at least you have something fun to talk about on the way home other than awkward first date silence.

10. Create

Create :free at last:

Directness > *
    IMO

11. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

shes a parttime bartender but with her hours, it seems like more than a full time. only thing im fighting here other than my confidence, is her time off. i can find out since our schedule is next to each other but i dont wanna be stalkerish :o