Start menu question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by paintballah03, Dec 29, 2004.

1. paintballah03

paintballah03 My av has been stolen. :squint:

I'm using win xp, and was wondering if I could change my start menu from this:

[​IMG]

To having the My documents link, my computer link, and the run link all right above the all programs part.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

download TweakUI to remove the links from the right, then add shortcuts to them on the left side.

3. paintballah03

paintballah03 My av has been stolen. :squint:

I downloaded tweakUI and installed it, but can't figure out how to change around the start menu. I found options for the start menu, but nothing about changing it's configuration. Can you give me a bit of a guide on it?

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I am using Linux right now, so unfortunatly I cannot fire up TweakUI to give you the exact location. Basically there are some options (checkboxes within a big list) that let you not show those items on the start menu. So it's not really "customizing" it per-se... It's more letting you control the group policy so that those items are not available. You would then create shortcuts, and right click and select the "pin to start menu" option to get them in the left-column.

5. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Or you could drag them to the left, right click the (new, left) icons, and select Pin to Start Menu, then right-click on start, properties, start menu, Customize, Advanced tab to remove them from the other side. :)