Starsigns

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Takitome, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Ever take notice of how well you get along with a someone is depending on their starsigns?

Maybe it's just me but I'm starting to see some kind of connection here. I'm pisces and most of my friends are pisces. I seem to get along with people of that star sign the most, less with others and some I dont at all. In general I get along with most people to a point.

I know what you are thinking, this isn't something I've done awarely or put a great deal of thought into. It never sounded beliveable to me, I never thought of this untill recently and it fits too well to just be a coincedense.
    I've thought of this, dismissed it and thought of it again. And damn.. it does make a whole lot of sense too.

I'm starting to believe this is the difference between success or not in a relationship. Sure there's more to it then that but this is like the ground personality whatever else is built on. I don't think it can work if it's not right from the ground and up so to say, or takes alot of changing to do so. I know my last few boyfriends worent pisces and they never lasted. Actually did some checking on that.

The one im thinking of seeing now has most of those typical pisces traits I love. I can seriously see this one work. Terrible liars, energetic, obsessive, selfless, imaginative, compassionate, erratic etc...

Is this common knowledge? Fact? Superstition? Thoughts?

2. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Superstition. I mean I don’t want to shit on your parade, and if you would have chosen some other superstition that is at least tied to something from our own planet.

How do glowing/burning balls of gas billions of light years away have anything to do with how someone’s personality develops? I mean it would be cool if this shit was real. Because I could then open the paper this morning and know what was ahead of me for the day (since horoscopes are based around the starsigns).

But there isn't anything wrong with believing in it, I know a few other girls that do also, so if it helps you pick good relationships then have fun with it :dunno:

3. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I'll go with superstition too. There are some intriguing coincidences (I never seem to get along with other Leos) but past that....

What I DO put some faith in (though not too much), is personality matching by 'birth position'. As in, how many brothers and sisters you have, where you fall in the sibling order (1st, 2nd, only, etc) and how far apart (in years) you are from those siblings. My mom introduced me to it and I think its really interesting, its has worked for me and has more basis in fact than astrology. I would never not date someone just b/c I didnt think they were a good match for me, nor would I actively seek out someone who was the 'right' birth position for me, but I think it gives you alot of insight into a person and how you might get along with them.

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

the month you were born in has really nothing to do with your personality.

You're seeing it because you want to see it.

That's the beauty of horoscopes/astrology...everything is so vague that you can see what you want to see with it.

Keep looking for traits/interests in common, but don't rule out people because they weren't born in the same month as you.

5. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Hell I don't know. There could be a million explainations why and another million reasons why its not. I'm no rocket scientist. Maybe the sun and moon's position during the year has some effect on newborn babies for all I know. How the hell would I know how it happens. I'm just saying theres coincedenses and it's strange cause alot of these pieces fit together.

Maybe you are right. It's balancing on that thin plane where it could be true or you could be making it up, looking at it from the wrong angle or something.
    I havent gone as far as rule people out cause of it. Just staying aware of it.

Nice to hear someone partially agree though.

6. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Every study done on the subject suggests that given the presise opposite of their zodiac sign, people still felt perfectly described.

A study of gradeschoolers found that, when given an arbitrary and meaningless test of 'potential,' with randomly assigned scores of 'potential' children 'scored' as having high potential tended to ACTUALLY do better in school, and were far more likely to continue on to university, than children who were assigned low scores. This was of course before modern regulation on the sort of damage you can do with experinments.

Point being, once you internalize a viewpoint, no matter how silly, you will make sure its true.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Superstition. Though I always find it kind of fun. I've almost alway dated Leo's and we get along really well. My current is an Aquarius (I'm a Capricorn) which they say is an excellent match and we really are...Other than that I think it's silly to put too much importance on it.

8. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

This thread made me look up what a Gemini is (since that is what I am)

Red are all things that are true, Green are things that have been true but aren't common or I try to not be, the other things are not true. Not sure what duality means in relation to a personality trait though.

As for the two personalities thing - I'm always kinda happy, rarely depressed, sad. But then there is the hyper overly happy me, which is almost like a different person :dunno:

And oddly enough (most of you will not believe me, but you can google it). I was born with a "mutation" called Hemi Hyper Trophy (sp?) - in English that means one 1/2 of my body is larger then the other (you wouldn't notice looking at me, I don't have it bad or anything) right down the centerline of my body. No one (doctors) really know how this happens, but oddly enough one of the leading explanations is that I am sort of (this is the hard part to believe) like a Siamese-twin, but joined right down the center. Which means I'm two people (or two 1/2 people :mamoru:). Which would go with the whole gemini twin thing :rofl:

(the only effect this mutation - learned in biology in HS once my teacher learned I had this, that yes I actually am clasified as a mutant - is that my left side is freakishly a lot stronger then my right. And I am right handed in everything I do.)