Stargate Starts Tonight!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Bassanio, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Bassanio

Bassanio New Member

Anyone else watching it?

2. oh noes

oh noes New Member

i'll be watching all 3 of the sci-fi fridays shows, looking forward mainly to BSG...esp since the quality of SG1 has gone down

3. 0wn3d_productivity

0wn3d_productivity OT Supporter

SG1 jumped the shark- Atlantis will never be as good as it was in season 1. But BSG just keeps getting better and better. I'll keep watching the others until they take them off for nostalgia sake.

4. smash246

smash246 New Member

I definitely agree that Stargate is not nearly as good as it once was now with O'Neil commanding. Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy the seasons are? I've looked on Ebay but I just wonder if those are legit or not.

5. shohan

shohan New Member

Watch out for what you buy from Ebay or Amazon store (which should be obvious). I bought a season from an Amazon retailer and it ended up being a asian version, luckily I had no problem returning it and getting a refund.

As for the cheapest place to find the seasons I've always found Overstock.com to be the best priced. In fact seasons 4-8 have been purchased from Overstock. 1-3 I picked up from the stores.

6. oh noes

oh noes New Member

thanks for the heads up, i was considering buying some from ebay since they sell them pretty cheap :hs:

7. oh noes

oh noes New Member

the prometheus got :Owned:

this show is starting to get somewhat interesting again :hsd:

8. shohan

shohan New Member

I thought that sucked. One of those turning points in the show I guess. Just means they'll have to make another Daedalus class ship. I was so stoked when I first saw the Daedalus in SG:A. I think it's a much cooler ship then the Prometheus.

Hmmm... Battlestar Galactica vs Daedalus
    Viper MkII/VII vs X-302

:noes:

9. CallSecurityNow

CallSecurityNow OT Supporter

:werd: it was a great episode

10. oh noes

oh noes New Member

the Vipers vs X-302s would be a good fight, but the Daedalus would completely destroy the Galactica. The Galactica doesn't have shields and the Daedalus does. All the Daedalus would have to do is use their azguard beaming technology and beam a nuke onto Galactica.

11. shohan

shohan New Member

For some reason I was thinking more on the Viper vs X-302 fight. It dawned on me that essentially they're from different views of science. The key difference is in how they 'fly' through space. The X-302 can do banking turns like an aircraft would on Earth. The Vipers flight is more realistic in that it takes into consideration controlled burn acceleration, momentum, and being able to adjust direction using the smaller jets to provide directional thrust.

I think it would be a close call in a head to head engagement, but as soon as someone got behind the other then things would change. If the Viper was trailing then I think it would win because of it's better maneuverability. If the X-302 was behind I'm not so sure who would win because the Viper could easily flip end for end and be head to head again.

12. Surgie

Surgie Mein Führer, I can walk!

Asgard's put in those safeguards to prevent beaming of nukes... except for when they "have to", and then they convined their resident asgard to override it and do it for them :mamoru:

But anyways, yeah the stargate stuff would win in all likelihood... the galactica stuff is generally meant to be more realistic whereas the sgc stuff has all kinds of alien technology integrated into it. Granted the difference in energy output and capabilities wouldn't be in the same order of magnitude as say, star wars vs star trek, but it still seems to be fairly significant :o

13. ODST29

ODST29 New Member

ditto

14. oh noes

oh noes New Member

a new weapon to kill ascended beings :noes: