stargate atlantis

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by snoodles, Sep 13, 2009.

1. snoodles

snoodles New Member

just started watching stargate atlantis, on season 4 now. love the show.

is it just me or does shepherd remind you of malcolm reynolds from firefly?

2. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

A little, I guess. He's way more easygoing and mellow than Mal, though.

3. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

I tried to watch Atlantis a little after I finished SG1. Got 8 episodes into the first season but couldn't watch anymore. :hs: Just felt like the same stuff from SG1... in an e new setting. McKay is the only decent part of the show... I dunno, I just felt like SG1/Atlantis is a little too campy for me, with not enough character development (or none at all) and people coming back from the dead all the time (well, in SG1, not sure about Atlantis).

I'm watching Doctor Who now... I'm lubs it. :o I'll prob give Atlantis another try once I'm done Who/Torchwood.

4. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

Atlantis is a really good show. Give it a chance and you won't regret it.

One of these days I need to sit down and watch Dr. Who. Like you with Atlantis, I've just never been able to get into Dr. Who, even though I hear from everybody that it's a great show.

5. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

I'll give it a chance after SG1 fades from my mind a little more.... it feels too much like SG1 does right now :hs:. Plus Teal'c > Teyla

Honestly, I'm in love with Doctor Who.... it reminds me a lot of Farscape in the way it's both hilarious/doesn't take itself seriously in some aspects, yet in important ones like character development & overall story arcs, it's awesome. I'm almost caught up to where Who is now... I'll be sad to see David Tennant go, he was awesome :hs: So was Chris Eccleston though. I've watched one episode of Torchwood, it's like the 18A version of Doctor Who... but with no Doctor... and taking place on Earth from what I can tell.

6. snoodles

snoodles New Member

only seen a few epsiodes of sg1, brothers liked atlantis better so they bought the seasons of that. when i'm done with atlantis i'll go back and watch sg1.

i haven't seen to much of dr. who, but from what i've seen i've liked a lot