Starbucks = Nutrition

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DTR rex, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Well, not exactly the first thing you think of when it comes to nutrition but I made a discovery today. I was out at Barnes and Noble doing some studying and decided to get a Caramel Macchiato w/ fat-free milk. So I was just on Fitday adding up my daily totals from this evening and checked out starbucks site for some nutritional info on my drink.
    Turns out the drink has some pretty good body building properties for people who are not too concerned about carbs.

A Venti Caramel Macchiato w/ fat-free milk has 280 cals, 1g fat, 49g carbs, and 17g protein. Now granted, it does contain 44g of sugar, but again, if you're not concerned with cutting, or you are cutting and this is your carb load day this would be a pretty good drink.

Again, not the best thing for you, but I was pleasantly surprised with the protein and content and decently low cals for such a tasty drink.

2. wtf

wtf New Member

the same volume of milk would have the same amount of protein (i assume thats where the protein in the coffee comes from), would have much less sugar, and lower calories

i really dont see the point of this

3. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

The point is that milk does not have caffeine and therefore would be useless for my studying purposes. The point of this thread is to show that when you do drink coffee for whatever purpose there is a good tasting option with a solid amount of carbs and protein in it.

Biggest draw back of course is the price... But then again we have people here regularly spending $30 on NO-XPlode every month so that argument is a moot point.

4. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

I suppose if it's within your calorie budget for the day it's a great treat choice. I used to buy them all the time a few years ago, at least once a week. Now I cant remember the last time I had one.

5. Elfling

Elfling New Member

It's a pretty worthless meal choice, satiety-wise. But if you want to fit it into your calories for the day, whatever works :wiggle:

6. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

do you sleep? you're like the only chick on F&N for one, but on top of that you're on 24/7. talk about oddball :nuts::kiss:

7. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

elfling doesn't need sleep faggot :squint:

8. Elfling

Elfling New Member

:rofl:

I get into work early, and I'm fixing stuff at my desk usually. There's always downtime while running diagnostics on laptops.

9. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I never tried to make an argument for it being a good meal choice.

It is what it is.... A caffeine drink that tastes good. But the point was that IF you do need to stop by starbucks and get some coffee or a type of drink, you could go this route and get in some carbs and protein.

As far as fitting it in calorie wise, I already stated TWICE that it would be more intended for people not on a cut or for a carb load day due to the high amount of sugars.

10. Elfling

Elfling New Member

My point was satiety- liquid stuff doesn't stick with you as well as solid.

11. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Guest

Fuck starbucks. Too expensive and stupid queer names for different kind's of coffee.

12. entropy138

entropy138 OT Supporter

so $30 / month for NO = $1/day...

a month of your drinks at what $4+/day would be $120/month... not such a moot point if you ask me...:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.