Star Wars Galaxies

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by icntspl, Jun 6, 2005.

1. icntspl

icntspl New Member

Anyone on here play SWG actively? I just got the game yesterday and so far it seems pretty good.

2. palaina

palaina New Member

yeah, i've been looking into the game...haven't bought it because i've been looking into the reviews...seems like there are mixed reviews about it. tell me how it goes.

3. Funky Munky

Funky Munky Chronic Masturbator OT Supporter

How much is the monthly/annual fee?

I played it in a friends and it was :bowdown:

4. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

I came from WoW, picked up SWG for the JTL expansion....

JTL was good for a while, but the PvP (which is what drew me to it) just grew stagnant as people just weren't playing that much (Pyanfar cha'nur on kettemoor), and eventually it got to the point where I'd log on during priemtime and only see 2 other people in the PvP areas. not fun.

I tried the groundgame too, did a rifleman/beasthandler combo and got pretty high up in the skill trees, but the non-stop grind and the auto attack combat (remember, I still play WoW), were jsut boring so I cancelled my account. I heard that they completely revamped the combat system since I cancelled and that they also completely redid the setting (during episode 3 I think someone said). I might reactivate if I get bored with WoW, but the extremely clumsy interface of SWG and the boring landscapes coupled with a non-stop grind and auto attack combat are still a huge turn off.

5. danison

danison The Contrarian

SWG is pretty bad as far as I am concerned. I know some like it, I personally found the CU terrible. Not to mention that the SOE devs are completely unresponsive to the playerbase. There are bugs in the game currently that have been there for months, and these are fairly serious issues.

A lot of people still like the game though. I played for a long time and I was an avid player, but the total lack of content and unresponsive development team really turned me off eventually.

6. GOD KAIBA ZERO

GOD KAIBA ZERO New Member

no :gives: but i do:fawk:

7. O'Fuck

O'Fuck Guest

It was fun for a few minutes.

8. Weapon X

Weapon X Well-Known Member

I played it from open beta on for awhile. Stopped playing about a year ago I guess. Got too boring and repetitive. The recent "combat upgrade" is pure shit from what I've heard also. Fuck SOE.