Star Wars Episode II ?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mastermojo, Jun 10, 2002.

1. mastermojo

mastermojo Guest

This question has been bugging me ever since I have seen the movie and I need an answer. I can't remember the name of the Jedi council member who secretly ordered the republican army to be built like 10 years before Obi-Wan went to the planet and found out about the army. So who is the guy?

2. HardTech

HardTech hungry

I think it's Palpatine (I know that's not the name you want, though). I mean, he is a Sith Lord, so he must've been a Jedi before. He ordered the Republican Army to be built when the Jedi thought he was dead. He came back and disguised himself and used his force powers to hide his mind from Jedi.

I dunno, it kinda makes sense.

3. AcuraTL

AcuraTL Old Member

I believe his name was Sypho Dias. And it can't be Palpatine because Joda and Mace knows who Sypho Dias is and said he died.

4. HardTech

HardTech hungry

"supposedly" died.

It could be that he disguised himself as Palpatine and uses the dark side to shroud the Force's ability to detect who he really is

Palpatine is a jedi, after all

5. AcuraTL

AcuraTL Old Member

No way Palpatine could be a Jedi, wouldn't you think the Jedi Master, Yoda would know that? Palpatine is a Sith Lord. And how can Sypho Dyas disguise himself as Palpatine? Palpatine's appearance does not change, not even in Return of the Jedi when he is the old Emperor.

6. Surgie

Surgie Mein Führer, I can walk!

I'm guessing it was count dooku as he was leaving the jedi order, kinda setting it in motion for the events of the clone war :dunno:

7. itchiban

itchiban Guest

Yeah it was Dooku. And Yoda cant tell that palpatine is a Sith because the only weakness of a jedi is that fact that the dark side can cloud their minds.

8. HardTech

HardTech hungry

Palpatine can and is a Jedi. How else can he be a Sith lord? Makes sense that one of the most powerful Jedis in the Star Wars galaxy was taught by the Jedi Council... the dark side got to him, he faked his death, and became Palpatine with a whole ulterior motive.

9. mastermojo

mastermojo Guest

The name Sypho Dias rings a bell, I think thats who i was looking for. Sypho Dias may have faked his death tho and became dooku or something, but I doubt it.

10. dazmanultra

dazmanultra New Member

The best part of the whole film is that darn sesimic charge sound :rofl:

11. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

No shit, i cant wait to get this movie home on DVD and watch that on the "hot water heater"...should kick ass!!

12. itchiban

itchiban Guest

Im glad i wasnt the only one thinking that. that sound is pretty dohp. :bigthumb: