Star Trek Online Development is Halted

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Vistrix, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Vistrix

Vistrix So Say We All

http://www.warcry.com/articles/view...ing-News-P2-Out-As-Star-Trek-Online-Developer

2. w00tpoint

w00tpoint New Member

Just out of curiosity, what kind of gameplay would this involve? Like space combat or 3rd person or what?

3. mechagrover

mechagrover Trek geek OT Supporter

Originally it was going to be a traditional MMORPG (like EQ/SWG/WOW) with crews manning ships as teams, then it turned into each playing "being" thier own ship (like Pirates of the burning seas), but with traditional gameplay on planets/starbases.

The rumor going around is that Cryptic (City of Heroes) is going to take over, which I consider a good thing since CoH has great coop gameplay, which is what Trek is all about IMHO

4. WyldKat

WyldKat Come with me if you want to live.

It's a good thing it was halted, especially after they announced it was going to be a "casual" game and that they were going to do away with multi-person ships/guild ships. I hope the new developer goes back to that, as that was what was hyping me about the game. I've got PotBS to command my own ship, and if I want it in a space environment I'll go play EVE and be bored out of my mind... :o

5. McClane

McClane Who Killed Marilyn?

game is destined for failure.