MMA Staph infection info.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by negative zero, Oct 31, 2007.

1. negative zero

negative zero New Member

I know I've seen some talk about it here in the Cage before but this is slightly off topic so i apologise.

Found out today I have a staph infection on my arm. It's a long story and isn't MMA related but I can tell anyone whose interested. Wife is freaking out (we have 2 small children). I could google up alot of info but was hoping some of you here have some firsthand info on what to do/not do and how long it could last. The dr put me on anti-biotics and I have to go back monday for him to check it out again.

2. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

had staph a bunch of years ago

wash the hell out of everything obviously (bedding, clothes, gym bag, equipmente etc)

use all antibiotics prescribed regardless if you think it's cleared up or not, take all the antibiotics!!! and even with doing all of that when i went back to the Dr. he put me on another round of antibiotics because the infection was still hanging on.

don't assume it's gone, take all the pills

wash everything EVERYTHING lol

and obviously examine the small kids to make sure they didn't pick it up (but it would probably be a long shot for them to have gotten it from you)

but i'm sure not a MD, hell i don't even stay at holiday inn express's so just ask your doctor.

DO NOT TAKE YOURSELF OFF THE ANTIBIOTICS BECAUSE IT SEEMS GONE, TAKE THEM ALL!!!!

3. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Wash everything, I can't stress this enough. If you /might/ have touched it wash it.

Keep it covered at all times.

Go to the Dr and get it drained, it will feel tons better.

Take ever pill they give you. That shit hangs on even with the blisters are gone.

Hate it for you, it can suck :(

4. negative zero

negative zero New Member

thanks guys. definately will take all of the meds and wash everything.

This just sucks. I have to take off the bandages 3 times per day and let the sores "air" out per dr.'s instructions. And to make it worse, saturday will be 6 weeks from my accident and my broken arm has not fused together.
    I wouldn't doubt that I'll have to go in for surgery after I get rid of the infection.

thanks again for the info. :wtc: