GUN standard arms?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by niwtsol, Apr 24, 2007.

1. niwtsol

niwtsol always question

i'm not looking at the handgun right now, but im pretty sure im talkin about a standard arms of nevada or reno or soemthing like that, its a little 9mm.
    my dad picked it up NEW from a cop he knew for like 100 bucks and after about 200 rounds the trigger is limp, it feels like there is no tension on it. :squint:

so i was fooling around with it (unloaded of course) back at my house and i found out if you push the slide about a 1/4 back and slightly pull the trigger, the trigger re-engages and the hammer will pull and fire, once. then the trigger goes limp again

ive never heard of this company before so my impression is this is just a really poorly made handgun, but seeing as i have found this cheap fix to it, would it be worth it to get it fixed, or should i just scrape it and look into a more reliable gun?

anyone ever heard of SA before?

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Any pics of the gun?

Edit: After a quick search it seems like they're crap. On the same level as Lorcins. Apparently they also have trouble with the trigger spring, which might be what's wrong with yours. I'd definitely get a better gun, maybe keep that one as a throwdown. :mamoru:

3. niwtsol

niwtsol always question

here is crappy one, i dont have any pictures of mine, but it is the gun in the top right corner.
    [​IMG]

4. niwtsol

niwtsol always question

ya after reading some of those sites about this gun, i definatly think my dad wasted some money... :squint:

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You get what you pay for. Unless you get some sort of C&R your not going to find a decent handgun for under $300 or so.