stalking or not?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SohHyeon, Apr 6, 2007.

1. SohHyeon

SohHyeon New Member

So my ex and I broke up a few months ago, but things had been rather ambiguous and there was the possibility of a reunion when we saw each other again (I'm away at school and he lives at home). Both of us had been seeing, not dating, someone else during this time, but lately he had been asking all these questions about the person and making assumptions about facts that I had never told him. He recently admitted that he had "somehow" gotten into my facebook/email acccounts to look at pictures and gather information. I was outraged at this and I think it was a complete invasion of privacy. Somehow, he sees his actions as justified because he was convinced I cheated on him (which I didn't), while I see it as stalking.

He also claimed that one of MY friends had originally come to him with some "information" regarding the person I was seeing after the breakup but refused to tell me who it was in order to drag information out of me. He then changed his story to say that it was in fact the person I was seeing, then retracted that statement and said there was no "source", he just made the whole thing up. At this point, I told him I was hanging up and the last thing he said was "Oh wait, maybe I DIDN'T make it up." Fast forward to the next day, he calls and admits he hacked into my best friend's account instead.

Pretty much, I have no idea what is true and what isn't. I don't know exactly whose accounts he got into, but he obviously did a fair amount of snooping into other people's things. When I got mad and asked him how he would feel if I did the same thing to him, he just replied, "It doesn't matter because you don't know how and therefore couldn't."

What exactly am I supposed to do with all of this? Never speak to him again? File a retraining order?

2. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

You should not talk to this person anymore. To me (me being a man) this guy is crazy! Ha. Way to turn him crazy! I would just stop all contact and if things get worse go from there.

3. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Stop all contact with him immediately, and change all your passwords as well as your friends, if he continues to persist contact the authorities.

4. SixSecrets

SixSecrets New Member

Me thinks it's love-corny as it may sound and you are taking this to the extreme. Change your passwords, break off any contact with this person, refuse to discuss him with anyone who knows him. Using the word "stalking" is becoming very over-rated.

However, if he physically threatens you then it would appropriate to call the police.

Someone prying into your life is a transgression, and when our privacy is violated, it seems trendy to scream "stalker". I should think tho, a stalker is someone who watches another and messes with their life 24/7 in the harshest, sleeziest, sicko, and threatening way.

This guy seems to be just playing games, in the hopes perhaps of getting back with you or at you for some reason that is probably inside his own head.

Be careful, cautious but not paranoid.

5. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Yeah, he is probably just really desperate and a clinger and freaked about breaking up. Let's not jump to thinking he's a psychotic raping murderer just yet.

6. Martinj

Martinj New Member

Call the cops. That should inform him that you are serious.

7. JemmaX

JemmaX New Member

is breaking into someone email or other personal accounts a chargable legal offense? its not like a physical break in like a house or whatnot.

just curious if anyone knows anything about this.

8. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Breaking in, as in literally hacking? Maybe.

Logging in because you knew the username and password? No.

9. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

I think that would be considered hacking. That could be a [SIZE=-1]mistamedor i think. Could be wrong tho![/SIZE]

10. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

This guy is crazy but at this point I don't see as stalking. Next time you see this person tell him "I want nothing to do with you please do not contact me in ANY way possible" anything he does from that point forward can be considered stalking and you can have a restraining order against him.

11. giapia

giapia Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you re

yea my ex went through all my aim logs and e-mails but he was justified in doing so :rolleyes: i lied to him about school stuff.

then he started getting pissed off at things i said or did years before i ever met him.

in fact, one weekend i decided to go home cuz i missed my family (we were living together at the time)--and he promised me he wouldn't go through my computer (i deliberately shut it off, cuz i usually leave it on), and he did--and called at 3 in the morning and threatened to break up with me if i didn't come over right away to talk (the drive is considerably far).

i was an idiot and i ended up driving over.

12. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

what the fuck is a mistamedor? :hsugh:

13. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

It's kind of like a minus whale.

14. demosnat

demosnat New Member

:hug: I had one like that too.