GUN STACK-ON lockers

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by idleprocess, Jan 7, 2008.

1. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

I purchased and installed one of the 8-gun models today. I'm generally satisfied with it, but if I did it again, I'd probably buy something different.

The wider 8-gun model will hold 8 traditional hunting rifles or shotguns with little breathing room. It is not optimized for the greater height of AR-15s, AK-47 knockoffs, etc.

The top shelf does not go the full depth of the locker, which is disappointing since there seems to be little benefit to the front and rear gap.

The barrel rests could have been mounted lower - an AK will not reach all the way to the barrel rest.

Installing it was not terribly difficult. Be forewarned that it is fairly lightweight and more or less has to be secured to the wall and/or floor to have any protective value. This is not a fire safe nor is it terribly intrusion-resistant. I purchased it because I wanted a storage/security option other than leaving my weapons in the corner of my closet. A real safe didn't seem like a winning suggestion since it has to make it up a flight of stairs and this is an apartment anyway.

Anyhow, pics.
    [​IMG]
    In situ. I'm living dangerously leaving the Crosman airgun out of the safe. Note the professional use of phone books to boost the locker above the molding :rofl:

[​IMG]
    The AR-15 is all of about 1/2" too tall to fit into the locker with the magazine pointed out, so it's going to have to live in there sideways with the scope standoff to keep it from getting too friendly with the AK.

[​IMG]
    Shotgun fits in there fine (even engages the barrel rest with the 18.5" "security" barrel). Scoped 10/22 not visible to the left of the shotty.

2. McCroskey

McCroskey Jonny, what can you make out of this? OT Supporter

I'm going to steal your apartment....AND kick your neighbor's stupid dog.

3. idleprocess

Feel free to take care of the latter any time you please. Repeatedly.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

i was looking at a stack-on as quick, cheap, efficient storage to stop a casual theft.

5. R134

R134 New Member

All gun stuff and no clothes, just like my closet.
    Where did you buy the locker?

6. idleprocess

Clothes are just out of view and will inevitably start migrating back into the picture soon enough.

I bought it at Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine for about $110.

7. McCroskey

McCroskey Jonny, what can you make out of this? OT Supporter

Your AR needs a rail, and a NF scope, and a weaver rail gas block, and a YHM
    Phantom brake :)