SRS St. Johns Wort(thread merge)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RUchaps, Apr 14, 2006.

1. RUchaps

RUchaps Active Member

anyone ever try it? Can you post your experiences?
    Does it create a desire to be productive and complete school or household work like Rx anti-depressants do?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

http://nccam.nih.gov/health/stjohnswort/

Well some info is here, however the most important notice about the wort is that its effects on the human body are unknown

Its said by a teacher of mine to be used for detainees with explicitsexual desires, they pumped these people full with st.John's wort and this made the people apathic and losing all sex drive.

This was done long time ago, the plant itself has been used in medical ways for hundreds of years, basically the plant is a chemical bomb with a large scale of different chemicals in it, you can imagine that all these chemicals will have a multi type of reaction to your brain, its also not without danger. In combination with other types of medicines/drugs unpredictable results can be the consequense.

Does it create a desire to be productive and complete school or household work like Rx anti-depressants do?

The answer is no, there won't be a desire to be productive,in some studies St. John's wort was not shown to have even any effect at all into reducing depression, and it was stated that even if there was a effect it would still have to be in combination with psycho theraphy sessions in order to resolve the depression issue.

This herb is a last resort ,rather then a first choice into dealing with depression, let alone motivation.

3. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Yeah, it never did anything for me. I think the effect is largely placebeo. But no sense in not trying it before harder stuff.

4. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

Was not incredibly effective for me. I used 5-htp (a suppliment derived from griffonia seeds that helps your body to naturally produce more seratonin) and that worked better, but not well enough to be cost effective.

5. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

St. Johns Wort

I hope this isnt' a repsost, (mod notice: it is,merging threads) but has anybody used st. johns wort to treat depression and has anybody had any success? My gf just took zoloft but had to get off of it becuase of the sides and she is considering trying sjw.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2006
  6. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

I've used it, but I've never noticed significant effects.

7. procrastinator

procrastinator New Member

I used it for a few months. All it seemed to do was make me tired all the time :hs: