SRS Srungy, scummy guy at work, keeps crawling all over me

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JakobwithaK, Apr 18, 2006.

1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

Can you blame me? Wouldnt you be the same way?

Alright I have this dude I work with who is a nice guy but the thing is, he dresses and comes to work looking like a complete bum. Doesnt shave, needs a haircut (70's hairdo), smells, doesnt brush his teeth (he even admitted it), wears the sameclothes everyday, and doesnt wash them either. You get the point - but if you see him you would think he just came of the street or something. Everywhere he goes he attracts a lot of attn due to this.

Now I work in a professional downtown office building with a lot of people, a lot of higher up V.P.s, CEOs etc. He asks me everyday or so where im going for lunch, if I want to get a coffee (though I dont drink coffee), and so on. I would love to but frankly its pretty damn embarassing being seen with him. And I dont want to make myself look bad by people thinking im hanging around a bum. Im not being mean but really...can you blame me? Im not saying he has to look like a GQ pimp, but at least clean up and make yourself look half decent.

You bet it makes me look bad. Besides there are so many hotties on this floor, let alone the entire building. So uhhh, everyone would wonder wtf kind of low standards i have in myself if i hang out with him.

This guy is very very clingy. umm, i hang out with this other guy and he does to....and he always always tries to tag along. My buddy and i will make plans for lunch and he will always ask" where u going, can i come?" Every fuckin day, several times a day. FUCK I DONT WANNA BE MEAN, BUT SHIT MAN...Its one of the busiest downtown office buildings, lots of ladies and this bum wants to follow us around everywhere? Even getting lunch is embrassing to be even seen with him. Good lord...i dont wanna be mean but....MAN! This dude can be mistaken for a girl....has hair hanging off his ears like a freakin barbarian, has a unibrow and more hair on his neck than i do on my entire body. You cant tell me you wouldnt feel disgusted being seen with him in public.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  2. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

You're not mean. If you are not interested then don't do it. Simple.

3. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

This may sound mean. But have you ever thought of embarrasing him publicly.

I personally wont be around people that dont carry core hygiene habits. Does he not have a house with running water and electricity?

Report him to HR for not following dress code (if you have one) or talk to your boss. Because if you have seen so has most of everyone else.

I would kindly tell him that you cant be seen with him. You should be worried about your reputation in the business world. Thats how people will get promoted is becuase of the work you do and if your not surrounding yourself with good people thats not lookin good for you. People are very finiky in that way. Hate to be the one to scream harrasment but this sounds like it. If you have declined and told him that you will not ever go have lunch coffee whatever and he keeps insisting and following you around. RED FLAG.

4. johan

johan Active Member

If you don't want to hang around someone, then don't. It's quite simple.
    If he wants to know where you're going for lunch, simply reply "don't know yet".

Or you could take an interest in this sad sack of shite and help him out. Depends on what kind of person he is. And what kind of person you are.

5. JakobwithaK

honestly, im running out of excuses of what to say.

6. JakobwithaK

Oh HR know alright, in fact hes been warned on several occasions but I dont know why nobody does anything about it. We have so many people in this building and on all the guests/visitors hit this floor since its the main one. And here they have a worker lurking the halls, looking the way this guy does? How do you think that makes the company look? I still cant believe he even got hired.

Like I said, hes a nice guy, but damn...is it that hard to at least show some courtesy to your employer?

7. JakobwithaK

Ive been saying "I dont knwo yet for the last 3 weeks " :rofl:...and he keeps asking and tries to get me out. And i feel bad cuz my buddy wants me to come but if the bum wants to tag along i wont go.

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well its dangerous , i've been taught not to judge on appearances.

+ point about him is that he doesn't care what other people think about him.
    - point is that you shouldn't dress like a bum and smell if you don't have to.

Its highly offensive, but you have to tell him he can come along if he stops smelling like a garbage can,and puts some deo under his arms. If he takes a shower,puts on some fresh clothes and brushes his teeth , and shaves himself.

If he doesn't take care of himself,then you shouldn't care to tell this to him. I mean every DAY of yours is ruined just by him, it really takes away your enjoyment of life when someone walks past you and smells like some dumpster. He walks happily on, while you go on your knees in disgust , because people like him they don't 'know' that something is wrong, they stink so bad that they got accustomed to their own oder.

Unless your bankrupt,homeless, or struck by some fate of life event happening to you, there is no reason that justifies his unhygienic presence. For me ,If it was just the clothes ,or hair fine, even looking like a bum doesn't justify any judgement , but harassing other people with unneccesary disgustingness by smelling like a skunk , id say go live up some mountain where other people aren't bothered ,but id even feel sorry for the wildlife that would faint by their extra sensetive smell.

9. dr_jerkvorkian

dr_jerkvorkian New Member

ask if you can sniff his vagina *shrug* it doesn't sound like you care very much LOL! let him know how you feel

10. nmt6789

nmt6789 Guest

We need pics..

11. JakobwithaK

:rofl::rofl::rofl: knwoing it, probably haso ne

12. uneek

uneek OT Supporter

why don't you just tell him? It sounds like he doesn't have much in the way of mannars. Some people aren't polished, some are just slobs.. if he doesn't even brush his teeth sounds like he's a slob.

13. JakobwithaK

i dont want to be mean about it.

14. uneek

uneek OT Supporter

I don't think it's mean. You're doing him a favor if he is putting his job in jeopardy and if nobody wants to spend time around him. Maybe he's just clueless

15. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Get some other co workers and have an intervention. Easier than going in by yourself and probably more likely to get him to change.

16. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

That might work. In the last company I worked in there was a coworker who had really bad foot oder because he played soccer all day and then he would stink up the office wearing his Birkenstocks. A female coworker of mine decided to drop not-so-subtle hints to him by sprinking scented wax air fresheners around his desk area....I think he took the hint pretty constructively and I think the problem eventually went away once he realized it.

17. JakobwithaK

well theres only 2 people i hang out with lol

fuck, he just asked me......."yo dude, wanna get a coffee?" in a stoned voice :hsugh:

Im like dude.....i dont even fuckin drink cofeee.

18. dr_jerkvorkian

i dunno about an intervention, that might even violate some HR policies-- if anything, getting HR involved is probably a better idea. the dress code idea might fly with them, and maybe they can send him a nice letter about it

you gotta start inviting him on weird trips or something dude... if you weren't in a big city i'd say drive somewhere for lunch and just "forget" to bring him back with you :p or maybe you guys just need to take him on a hunting trip he wont forget:p make him think you're insane and dangerous to be around lol

19. JakobwithaK

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH someone help me, b4 i end up killing mysefl

this guy has caught on, he knows im trying to aviod any business being around him.

Just now he asked what i was doing for lunch and i said not sure yet.....and he goes "ill come with you" :ugh:

20. The Secretary

As I stated in my first response this sounds borderline harrasement. If he insists after your have declined him repeatedly thats crossing the line, its time to take further action that just sitting there and taking shit from him.

21. JakobwithaK

no way this fuckin dude is comign with me, fuck....god i have a stalker on my hands now. :noes:

22. JakobwithaK

well hes a nice guy and i would love to hang with him but he needs to clean up first.

Im not doing this to be mean but my guess is he is offended and thinks im insulting him or judging him by his appearance.

23. The Secretary

But it still it is affecting your work enviroment, and its making you have to worry about him. Nice or not he seems to me to be crossing a line that doesnt need to be crossed in a work enviroment. Its not being mean by any means if you tell him that if he cleans up and is presentable, you would be glad to go have lunch with him. Its not being insulting its stating facts and hopefully if this guy is being this persistent he likes you. Then at this point he can take responsibility and clean up.

24. dr_jerkvorkian

slip him some dentyne on his desk when he's out or something, keep doing little shit like that if you don't want to ruin your friendship. just keep it anonymous and obvious.. leave a travel toothbrush kit on his desk or something. when he catches on and starts a routine, start leaving soap and shampoo or something :hsd:
    hahaha, either that, or start wearing a gas mask when he comes around :p that wouldn't be too obvious hehe

25. JakobwithaK

he has been told many times, not by me, but management and he refuses to listen. Hes just one of those people who dont give a damn what others think of him. The unibrow is proof of it :rofl: