Squats and Milk

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Ep, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ep

Ep Guest

I've decided to make myself a guinea pig for a month by drinking a gallon of milk a day + creatine. I will track my weight, lifts, rock climbing, and sprinting

I normally would never do something like this but I've been depressed lately and this will keep my occupied (the dirty bulk).

Goals: Don't have a specific weight I want to be but I would like to be cut. I will dirty bulk and eventually move on to Pur's routine. So as of now, my goal is not to fail on my lifts

Routine is Starting Strength 3x5

Current weight: 155

Current lifts: Every time I fail to hit 3x5, drop 15 pounds

bench - 160x5 (failed last week)
    squats - 250x5
    military press - 110x5 (failed last week)
    deadlifts - 190x5 (dropped weight to fix form)

since I'm going to be taking in a disgusting amount of fat, I will be sprinting post workout as cardio. I will try and stick to top rope climbing for cardio as well. Sprinting will be 4x quarter mile sprints, timed. Probably take 5 minutes rest in between

Right now I am climbing at a 5.9, 5.10 level.

PWO shake will be 2 cups milk, 1/2 cup oats, 1 scoop whey, creatine and chocolate milk

Meals will continue to consist of lean meat, veggies and brown rice or whole grains. I stick to 800 calories or more a meal at least 3x a day. I have been specifically avoiding eating 4k calories because it's insanely hard to do clean bulk that way without spending a shit load of time in the kitchen.

Posting pictures tomorrow:wavey:

2. Ep

Ep Guest

Just compared 1 month progress pics. I definitely look bigger, although it seems to be more mass than pure muscle but I'll take it. Here is where I am at now day 1. took a picture of my ass just because it's probably going to be huge at the end of all this (not that I care)

I'm going to be drinking 3 glasses of water with each meal, so that will be at least 9 glasses (72oz). I'll get plenty of more water from milk (creatine scares me)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. forum95

forum95 Come see bout us OT Supporter

Nice, gallon of milk should make you gain some weight nicely

4. Ep

Ep Guest

Yeah, hopefully it goes to my whole body and not just my stomach:noes:. That happened to me with weight gainer shakes

Anyway, day one of gallon of milk and creatine. Drank 2/3 of it at work. I was full, but my stomach wanted something solid. Definitely going to bring something like a 400 calorie wrap to work, just to get in something solid but not having to eat 800 calories+ 1500 of milk (yet at least)

Did 2 quarter mile sprints at 37 seconds and 40 seconds, stopped there because my legs were going to give out. Squats+ springs = not fun

Took videos of my squat, military and pendlay rows. I dropped my squat down to 230 because I wasn't hitting parallel with 250+. Now I am going parallel or lower. I would rather do less weight and actually do squats, then half squats and feed my ego with higher numbers. Pendlays looked okay for never doing them before, did them at 95 pounds. Banged out 2x10 of wide grip pullups. Not bad!

Downed some creatine and 16oz of water after sprints. Will eat something before going to bed. Peace!

5. Ep

Ep Guest

Day 2, fuck I feel tired. I have 28 more oz to go to complete the gallon. i brought a sandwhich to work and I demolished it because despite already having half a gallon of milk, I wanted to eat something solid. Even though i ate it right away, I felt insanely full for 2-3 hours. Gonna eat something in an hour or so and finish the milk. Tomorrow I hope to have gained like a pound or two

6. Ep

Ep Guest

Day 3 was okay.. I decided I'm gonna quit with the gallon of milk. I really just want to be cut as shit. I won't get there drinking a gallon of milk. I'm going to soon switch to the sticky routine and keeping bulking and see what that gets me.

7. forum95

forum95 Come see bout us OT Supporter

8. subwoofer

subwoofer OT Supporter

Damn I was hoping to see progress pictures in a month or so. I say you continue with the milk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.