Squash player seeking advice

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by xTRAUMAx, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xTRAUMAx

xTRAUMAx New Member

Hello,
    I'm a B level squash player, that plays, and weight trains 6 days a week. I eat and drink very well. I consume complex carbohydrates at the right times, I get the correct amount of water, grains, fruits, veggies, fiber , fat, protine before, and after matches and training. I also focus on recovery nutrition, with proper recovery foods . I do everything in my diet to maintain a hard, and rigorous training regimen of 6 days in a row, without feeling drained. My problem is my weight is dragging me down. Basically, everything mentioned above is tailored around a maintaining a certain weight. Unfortunately, I find I'm carrying around an excess amount of weight on court.

I'm 6 foot 3 inches, 197lbs. I have a fairly low body fat, and am more muscular than average.
    I'm in good shape at the moment, and get a large amount of cardio exercise every week.

I weight train, and do plyometrics regularly, so I'm fast and strong, but not for very long. When I get into a match of lots of movement, and running my gas tank starts to drain quicker than I want it to, and I start to tire out sooner than I want.

My ideal weight would be around 180 lbs. , but I know that to get there muscle mass will have to be lost. When I reduce my calories I feel sluggish and tired when playing.
    Since it's summer, and I'm not playing any tournaments (off season), I want to do something about my goal, being stronger, and faster at 180 lbs. My coach recommended that I look into diet that would reduce my muscular weight. I'm willing to run on a reduced calorie diet for now until my ideal weight is met, but I'm not sure how I should go about burning off 17 lbs.

I was wondering if anyone could lend some advice.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

3. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

Way down this road, in a gym far away, A young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do, my legs won't grow" He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses too Trying to cheat, these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the BIG men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty-fives, A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees. Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack Chalking his hands and monstrous back, said, "Boy, stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, The trouble with you is you ain't been SQUASHIN'."

amirite?

4. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

You're a freaking idiot, you don't need to lose muscle. Just do more endurance work like HIIT. I also really doubt you're as thin as you think, so lose some fat, fatty.

edit: If you're training HARD 6 days a week, you may need to go to 3-4 days a week of hard training if you can't recover.

edit: If you're really wanting to lose muscle, just 50g of protein with low cals while training hard. It'll melt right away with no problems!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  5. xTRAUMAx

xTRAUMAx New Member

Takes alot to paste that in from a text doc, and change "LIFTTIN'" to "SQUASHIN' " That really helps. and urwrong.

6. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

i hear ya buddy. muscles are heavier than fat and really slow you down in fast paced games like squash

i recommend some kind of fasting since you don't have tournaments coming up

7. stevo92

stevo92 Active Member

If you don't mind what is squash never heard of it?

8. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

fancy raquetball

9. stevo92

stevo92 Active Member

Ok the names seems like it would be more hardcore like SQUASH MOTHER FUCKER!

10. Louis M

Louis M New Member

Or, it's the second best cardio workout behind only cross-country skiing. If you've never played, you have no idea how tiring the game can become. I've had to lie down on the court numerous times because of sheer exhaustion.

11. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

197 at 6'3" is thin even if he's fat.... maybe you mean bf%

12. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

you give up too easily

squash til you puke!

13. stevo92

stevo92 Active Member

Thats like football status almost puked today..Football conditioning and like a dumb ass I ate two huge tacos half hour before lol

14. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

Unless it's a lot different than racquetball, you must be a vag.

Though going and playing against the 50+ year old A league players is an exercise in humility :rofl:

15. Louis M

Louis M New Member

It's completely different than racquetball in terms of difficulty. Imagine racquetball but instead of a very bouncy ball, it's one that barely bounces, meaning that you're in full sprint the entire match trying to run after where the ball is hit.

16. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

17. Formz

Formz Hipster Santa OT Supporter

ass shot in a thong??

18. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

in for pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.