SQL query failing after changing hosts

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dustro, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Dustro

Dustro New Member

Im helping a friend move a phpbb site from his old host to dreamhost and ran into a problem when executing this query
    Code:
    SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, p.*,  pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid, g.year, makes.make, models.model, g.id as garage_id
        FROM " . POSTS_TABLE . " p, " . USERS_TABLE . " u, " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " pt
        LEFT JOIN " . GARAGE_TABLE ." AS g on g.member_id = p.poster_id and g.main_vehicle = 1
                    LEFT JOIN " . GARAGE_MAKES_TABLE . " AS makes ON g.make_id = makes.id
                    LEFT JOIN " . GARAGE_MODELS_TABLE . " AS models ON g.model_id = models.id
        WHERE p.topic_id = $topic_id
            $limit_posts_time
            AND pt.post_id = p.post_id
            AND u.user_id = p.poster_id
        ORDER BY p.post_time $post_time_order
        LIMIT $start, ".$board_config['posts_per_page'];
    I get the following error
    Code:
         [B]MySQL said: [/B][URL="http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Error-returns.html"][IMG]http://www.ks-minis.dreamhosters.com/dh_phpmyadmin/ksphpbb.ks-minis.dreamhosters.com/themes/original/img/b_help.png[/IMG][/URL] 
      #1054 - Unknown column 'p.poster_id' in 'on clause' 
    Now the query works fine on the old server but fails on this one, I cannot find where the issue would be for this and after trying my best im looking for some help :wtc:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Are both versions of phpbb exactly the same?

3. Dustro

Dustro New Member

yes everything is copied over, is is failing in the phpmyadmin query window too though so im sure the phpbb ver shouldnt matter.

if i take out
    it works but the mod does not display

the only thing that is different is the version of mySQL is newer on the new server (5.0.10 - 4.1.2)

oops i had pasted the code after phpbb had processed it, I updated the post with the raw php query, it still worked only on the old server either way in the query window.

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I thought the table may have changed. I have no idea.

5. Sabrewulf

Sabrewulf New Member

Juedging by the error, the Database structure isnt the same. Did you happen to backup your old db structure and import it into your new website? B/c it says it cant find the p.poster_id column in the on clause table. Might wanna check the db structure and also chcek and make sure your code hasnt changed and it may be looking to a different location. :dunno:

6. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Yeah DESCRIBE them tables.

7. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

did you use mysqldump to transfer the data?

8. Dustro

Dustro New Member

well after racking my small brain I checked with the developer of the module that is having the issue and is an incompatibility with mySQL 5 that he is working on. Not worth my time to try to correct it too.

the dump was done from phpmyadmin, i guess i could have done it from the command line but the db was full and complete.

thanks for the suggestions