SQ question for a Brahma

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mycophiles, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

I'm looking for SQ with my sub. Right now it doesnt seem like I'm getting good tone from my sub and I think it might be the box.

My question is if you make a smaller box, lets say 1.5 cubic feet sealed, what does that do to the flexing of the sub. Does it force the sub to stay flexed longer or does it have any effect on the actual tone you get from the sub itself. Would you get a fuller sound instead of just 'feeling' the sub?

2. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

3. Audiophile

Audiophile boom boom

AIM me and I will share the specs for my enclosure. They are straight from Kyle Richardson of Acoustic Visions. and yes it made the woofer a lot more fuller sounding. also my B-12 seemed to get a little hot in the sealed enlclosure, not in the vented, it doesnt even get warm.

AIM: AHarmes5

4. 04

04 Guest

I would try the box out OUTSIDE of the car. Rattling shit all over the place, and cabin gain DO make the sound quite different than if the speaker was placed outside...

5. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Ther's no rattle in the car AT ALL.

6. 04

04 Guest

There is no AUDIBLE rattling. Trust me, no matter what, there will always be something vibrating.

7. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Ok, I understand. My bumper does rattle but I only hear it from outside the car. Having no audible rattling is good but I'm still going to deaden the car to keep the road noise out. ;)

Anyway, I made the port for the brahma according to Audiophile's suggestions. We almost have the same demensions on our boxes. The port I made Is going to screw onto the face of the sub and wrap around on the inside. Do I need to brace this thing down?!? I'm figuring 7-8 screws isn't going to hold it after all the bumps not to mention the stress the sub will cause on it. How do you suggest I do this?

8. Audiophile

Audiophile boom boom

screw it the whole way, i used 1 5/8" drywall screws every 2 inches.

9. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Ummm shutup. That is all. :squint: