Sprinting

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Ep, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ep

Ep Guest

A friend of mine suggest sprinting as a means of cardio. Something like an all out sprint down the block and then rest for 2-5 minutes. Repeat a couple of times.

He said that it promotes a healthy heart but doesn't burn calories like jogging or running does. It would also promote strength gain he claims as well. Any opinions?

2. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

Actually short interval sprinting burns more calories and a higher percentage of fat. I think whatever I read said 9-12 second sprints/rest intervals was ideal or at least beat longer intervals of 30 seconds.

The fastest I ever lost weight was doing sprints on a regular basis.

3. Ep

Ep Guest

I would like to do it as a form of cardio so burning fat would be pretty inevitable however i don't want to overdo it like running or jogging for extended periods of time. Perhaps if I increase the rest time it won't burn so much

4. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

lol wut

5. DaFreak963

DaFreak963 New Member

HIIT > 20 min on the treadmill

6. grimstone

grimstone magic murda bag OT Supporter

if you wanna sprint then sprint

7. Ep

Ep Guest

I don't want to sprint necessarily, I just want to do some kind of cardio without diminishing any decent gains I acquire. When I bulked last year and gained 30 pounds, I was in the worst shape of my life because I wasn't doing any cardio. I was slow, not very agile and could barely last through a 45 minute hockey game. I would like to bulk again but still keep in good shape. For the record, i'm super skinny if it wasn't already surmised

8. rain_e

rain_e OT Supporter

A friend of mine is gay. Let's just say we're no longer friends.

9. Ep

Ep Guest

10. Hobo

Hobo Guest

If your on a track sprint the straight part then jog/swift walk around the turns. Its great cardio and will make you a hell of a lot faster

11. Ep

Ep Guest

Yes, this is actually what he did. Although I was hoping I could just run down my block or something as the track is a few miles away

12. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

this is so full of fail.

do cardio, your cardio ability will get better. its not rocket surgery.

13. Ep

Ep Guest

But you missed the part where I wanted to do cardio but not burn off all of my gains. I have no problem losing fat but I'm not looking to mass burn weight like a fat person would. There are a plethora of different ways of doing cardio, they aren't all the same. Are you telling me that sprinting would do the same thing as jogging for long periods of time? How about jump rope or swimming?

I'm gonna do sprinting for now and see how it goes

14. grimstone

grimstone magic murda bag OT Supporter

ocd much

15. Ep

Ep Guest

nope, just trying to use a good source of information to my advantage.

16. Bodhi

Bodhi My crotch is red .. my lambos blue .. and ill be g

one time this friend of mine knew this girl who had a friend who was a total slut .. and i stole his friend to get with the slut friend .. and then the friendships collapsed .. and i didnt even get my dick wet .. and now no ones friends with either friend .. but i still sprint .. everyday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.