Sprint / US Cellular

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by P07r0457, Jan 26, 2005.

1. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Well, I've always been an enemy of sprint, but here's a hypothetical:

what do you think of em? Preferably experience in the Pacific Northwest, Oregon region even better.

And what phone's do you recommend?

Any thoughts on US Cellular?

2. yesitisyellow

yesitisyellow New Member

From what I've seen they look pretty crappy...

Sorry that was no help.

3. skooter

skooter Guest

I have been a Sprint customer for over four years, my whole family and most of my friends are also Sprint customers in Michigan. Personally their service the best one I have used, and I have pretty much used them all. I think in four years I have only dropped one call, and the voice quality is way better than any and I mean any other provider I have used. It is funny because I have a few friends who are also enemies with sprint for one reason or another mainly because Sprint is CDMA, I dunno what that would have to with anything but some people just cannot open their eyes, but most of time when we are out and in a building they end up using my phone because theirs is dropping calls or doesn't have a signal at all. There are a few things that have me hooked on Sprint, one being the unlimited data plan so I surf and check my email all day and send and receive unlimited pictures/videos/texts, the other is nationwide ReadyLink, oh yea and Fair and Flexible. I only pay $0.05 per min if I go over my minutes, one month I went over by 300 and I would sooo rather just pay the $15.00 Sprint charges compared to any other carrier who would easily charge $45.00! That is what I think of them, I dunno how their service is in Oregon but I ReadyLink with a lot of people from California and they say it is great there. I have never tried US Cellular. I hope that helped.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Well, that does help a little, thank you.

If I go with sprint I will specifically tell them *NOT* to enable ready link. I have flash-anger when I hear that ghey "bloop bloop; where you at?" shit, and I wanna punch the inconsiderate jackass that can't have a fucking normal conversation in privacy but instead decides to share his problems with the rest of us on loud-speaker.

5. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

:werd:

6. turbodeuce

turbodeuce ....................

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

well, I went to Sprint and US Cellular (didn't go to Cingular because I already knew all about em from using em before) and Sprint had nothing but tools working there. Fucking asshats that knew nothing except that their phones were a ripoff and their plans are not great.

Ended up getting US Cellular and am very happy so-far. I've got 30 days to evaluate it and can get out of the contract w/o penalties within 30 days if I choose. Hopefully I won't want to, tho.

8. skooter

skooter Guest

Did you goto a Sprint store or a place that sold Sprint phone? What phone did you end up getting?

9. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I went to an official "Sprint" store. I ended up getting the Motorola 262 because it was cheap, and had everything I needed.