Sprint POS

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ethyl, Feb 17, 2002.

1. ethyl

ethyl R-CH2-CH3

Does anyone know how to send text messages with a Sprint cell phone? I can send crap to other Sprint users but not people with Cingular or AT&T. pos TP5250

2. aminus

aminus Guest

u cant send text messages to different carriers

3. Why won't the U.S. catch up with the rest of the world and create a GSM standard :p.

As for the question: No you can't send messages from one network to another network.

The only possible way is go send email from your phone to there phone.

4. GrassHopper

GrassHopper Happiest motherf***er you're EVER gonna meet OT Supporter

No competition if you use one network:eek: Greedy farkers.

5. i dont care about competition.......i wanna send random messages to those ghey fawkers on sprint.. :fawk:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2002
  6. jinushaun

jinushaun New Member

:werd:

Then we can get all those cool GSM 900/1800 phones Europe and Asia gets. The new Nokia are freakin awesome.

Actually it's pretty complicated. We can't use GSm 1800, cuz I think the 1800 MHz freq is reserved for the US Army IIRC. I don't know why we don't use the 800 MHz frequency. GSM standard? We don't even have a cell phone standard! Some run PSC/CDMA and other run GSM (or their version of it). The US is stupid like that. Screwing the consumers over just cuz they want their technology to be the de facto standard.

7. guess

guess Please think of the Domo-kuns....

On the subject of sprint phones, Is in possible to send messages from my Samsung UPROAR to another sprint phone. If so how?

8. Most of Canada's major cities have had GSM for the past 4-5 years. A few of my friends import phones from Korea which are extremely :cool:.

As for the frequency we use I :dunno:

One things americans do have is extremely cheap phones and minute plans. Too bad no one's willing to pay for the good quality stuff though:o .

As for the questions of sending messages across incompatible networks. The only possible way is to send email messages from one phone to another phone.

Can american's surf the web through there phones yet and send email anyways?