Sprint phone suggestions?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ender0910, May 27, 2008.

1. Ender0910

Ender0910 woot!

I'll be signing up for a sprint SERO plan soon. I'm making quite a jump from my verizon Razr (nearly 3 years old now).

I was wondering what phone you all would suggest? I'm looking at the Mogul right now and of course, it's the most expensive, so I just wanted to see if there are any other highly recommended phones before I decide.

I require Windows Mobile, Web Browsing, and GPS capabilities

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

There are some better WM phones coming out sopn. If you can wait, I'd recommend waiting.

Of course, I recommend ditching that shit-pile that is known as Windows Mobile and go with Blackberry. if you do that, then you can get the Curve, now. Opera will satisfy your web-browsing needs. It has a full qwerty without any mechanisms to break. It's very lightweight and small for it's power. It's got GPS, good camera, and EVDO.

3. Ender0910

Ender0910 woot!

Someone else mentioned that new phones are coming on soon too. How soon is soon? Weeks or Months? My contract with verizon is ending very soon so I'd rather just make the transition quickly.

Also, I want Windows Mobile because of where I work. After dealing with the UI on Verizon's cheapo flip phones, anything is a welcome upgrade.

Edit: even just the names of the phones would be welcome. I can look up info from there. I'm just a noob to modern phones :)

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  4. Willey2cool

Willey2cool New Member

The HTC Diamond is coming for sprint sometime this summer and the HTC Raphael in the fall most likely. Both are WM phones

5. Ender0910

Ender0910 woot!

god those phones look sexy :eek5:

I thought the Mogul looked a bit bulky and gray.
    Ugh, now I have to decide whether to wait or not.

Thanks, Willey

6. Ender0910

Ender0910 woot!

And I like the idea of a physical keyboard for typing. So then I'd have to wait even longer for the Raphael :wtc:

7. The R-ruh

The R-ruh OhMyWhat?!?!

The Curve is the current hotness, but you'll have to pay extra to use it to it's fullest capability.

Samsung Instinct is due June 20th but requires one of the Simply Everything plans (no sero).

I'd advise holding out for the HTC diamond if you can.

8. Ender0910

Ender0910 woot!

The diamond interface looks sexy, but I like the idea of a physical keyboard. Do you know if the Raphael has a similar interface?

Also, does the Mogul/Raphael line of phones have multitouch? Or is that reserved for the Touch/Diamond?

9. matt86

matt86 New Member

I gave up on getting a new phone... I don't want to give up my push to talk because it's so handy at work.... I feel screwed over by sprint for them not giving us nextel users any new phones.

10. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

nextel has never been big on new phones. they stick with basic, rugged, expensive handsets.

11. ///M

///M New Member

curve is the best right now

i've had a mogul, q, touch, etc. all are piles of shit (mainly the software aspect of it)

12. Ender0910

Ender0910 woot!

13. Willey2cool

Willey2cool New Member

in the fall is all ive heard, i dont think its even been officially announced, all they have is a couple blurry spy photos. Go to the Sprint store and Hold the Mogul and see how big it is, maybe you can survive on that until the raphael.

14. Ender0910

Ender0910 woot!

That's what I'll probably end up doing. A couple coworkers have this phone and feels fine to me. Although I'll prob have to wait a bit longer so I don't feel bad for buying two expensive phones in a short period of time.

Do these phones ever get cheaper over time? Or is it just the same price until the new one comes out and the old one is discontinued?

15. The R-ruh

The R-ruh OhMyWhat?!?!

I agree 100%, however the OP requires WM.