Sprint or Tmobile?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by wtu311, Dec 2, 2004.

1. wtu311

wtu311 Active Member

I need a cell phone which company has the best for signing a contract?

2. V

V Corrupt and Immoral

umm vague much?

3. wtu311

wtu311 Active Member

in other words what company has the best free or less $100 phone for signing a contract. (most features)

4. DaveyD

DaveyD Fuck Ohio State, son

I dunno if you should base your decision on the phone. I would base it on the service. Granted the phone the partly a factor, but that is why eBay is here. Buy a better phone for cheap.

5. wtu311

wtu311 Active Member

True im actually looking at both factors but i dont think ill need more then
    500-600 min, free night/wkends.

6. skooter

skooter Guest

In my opinion the phone should be the last thing that should be considered. it sounds like you just need a cell phone for cheap and don’t really care about features, because especially with electronics you get what you pay for, things that are too cheap end up performing cheap. Here is what i would look at before you select a phone because every company is going to have cheap phones with a lot of features.

1) Service, go to their site type in your zip code see if you have service around the areas you travel to on a regular basis. if you know people with the same service ask them how they like it, and especially don’t forget about people at your work, if you are able to use you phone there you are going to want it to have service.

2) Rate Plan, you have to pick a company that is going to offer you a reasonable plan without ripping you off. For example T-mobile has a lot of "anytime" minutes but you have to keep in mind that on some plans they do not offer unlimited night minutes during the week and on some plans do not offer unlimited weekend calling. or Sprint who offers 500 "anytime" minutes but has night and weekends starting at 7 and unlimited night and weekends on all plans for $45 a month, and if you go over your minutes they will only charge you $0.05 a minute instead of $0.40 or $0.45 which some of the others will charge, so 100 extra minutes is only $5 instead of $40 :eek3: . Most wireless companies give away free mobile to mobile i know Sprint and Cingular do, so if the people you call a lot have the same service you do then it save a lot, i know i use over 700 PCS-PCS minutes a month and if that came out of my anytime minutes it would be a pretty large chunk of them.

3) Now once you have it narrowed down to a certain company picking a phone should not be too hard because in the lower end phones every company has about the same features with only a few exceptions. Here are the links to the phone selections of T-mobile and Sprint:
    http://www.t-mobile.com/products/default.asp?class=phone
    http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/PhonesAccessories/AllPhones.jsp

T-mobile has 9 phones in your price range and Sprint has 15, now you can look at features, some to consider are color screen, flip or candy bar style, camera, battery life, video camera (sprint), walkie-talkie (sprint) also if you can go to the store and try them out, i know in the sprint store they have all their phones out and active so you can just go in and use them to call who ever you want, see how the navigation is on the phones and how the sounds quality is because ultimately you are using the phone to hear and talk to people you should pick the phones that performs the best.

Here is my pick feature wise:
    T-Mobile: Nokia 6800 (free)
    Sprint: Sanyo 2500 ($99.00) or Nokia PM-6225 (free)

I have never used the T-Mobile phone but i have used both Sprint phones and those are their very good low end phones the Nokia even has an FM radio on it which is a nice feature and the Sanyo have Ready-Link so you can use you phone as a walkie-talkie with other Sprint customers who have a Ready-Link enabled phone.

7. wtu311

wtu311 Active Member

8. skooter

skooter Guest

Very good phone for the money :bigthumb: very high resolution screen and very good sound quality earpiece! And Radio Shack is the man when it comes to Sprint, like the Sprint store the sign up rebate is instant and they even give their own $100 more instant rebate!

9. Brian

Brian New Member

cingular has the best network overall and has alot of "free" phones on their website and in stores

have great plans 2

10. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

and if the deal is still on, you can get the Moto V551 from Cingular for $99 after mail-in rebate. this is a great phone as you'll find others agree elsewhere. i've got one myself. it's my first moto and my first flip phone. i've been pleasantly surprised so far.

i don't know how cingular is, but after i had done business with the same at&t store several times, the last phone i bought before the merger, i got them to take the rebate amount off at the time of purchase even though the sign said mail in rebate. never hurts to ask, but don't count on it.

11. Vagabond

Vagabond Nope. OT Supporter

Piece of shit; Audiovox has a habit of making very crappy phones. Better off with the Samsung 680 if you want a video camera and staying in that price range.

12. maczter

Audiovox?

The phone referenced was a Toshiba. :dunno:

13. wtu311

wtu311 Active Member

:werd:

14. wtu311

wtu311 Active Member

I tried cingular and they wanted a deposit:nono:

15. Vagabond

Vagabond Nope. OT Supporter

Audiovox made the phone for Toshiba. It's just relabeled.

16. maczter

weak sauce.